Opinion Olympics Games

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
While not Olympic news, but relevant to Australian swimming.

"Mystery surrounds the withdrawal of hot medal prospect Shayna Jack from the Australian swimming team just days ahead of the World Titles in South Korea."
In the fullness of time we will find out why....once the spin doctors have made a prognosis.

Reactions: ALX22

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Russia has been banned from the Olympics and world championships in a range of sports after a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) ruling to punish it for manipulating laboratory data.

This will bar Russia's flag and anthem from events such as the Tokyo Olympics next year, the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics and the 2022 soccer World Cup in Qatar.

It will also ban the country from hosting, bidding for, or being awarded championships by world sports bodies.

• Wow
Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Russia has been banned from the Olympics and world championships in a range of sports after a World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) ruling to punish it for manipulating laboratory data.

This will bar Russia's flag and anthem from events such as the Tokyo Olympics next year, the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics and the 2022 soccer World Cup in Qatar.

It will also ban the country from hosting, bidding for, or being awarded championships by world sports bodies.
most of their athletes will still be able to compete....just under the Olympic flag as they already have done last time they got caught

Reactions: ALX22

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I'm not a great fan of us getting them. Must be in the minority I guess.

Too expensive and not what they were. Drugs, cheating, its become an industry today. Pollies love it for the free seats and grandstanding.

I'd be happy to see it go elsewhere - and spend money on infrastructure.

Reactions: stanleyg and ALX22

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Good to see drug cheats caught and punished! A lot of the Chinese athletes are on drugs too! They are not full natty brah!

Brisbane 2032! :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: S J

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Coronavirus update - key points from the AOC

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Coronavirus update - key points from the AOC
I can see this being cancelled. Who would want to take the chance - and would Japan want 1000s coming from everywhere to participate and watch ? They will need to make the decision early enough though.

Funny - in the USA Trump was being soundly criticised for going to early and being too tough by NY Times and CNN. Now they're criticising him for not being tougher ... :)

Most agree his early move helped prevent it really spreading to/across the USA.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
BIG NEWS

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
smart decision pushing the summer olympics back 12 months. hopefully when july 2021 comes around, this fraking corona virus will be gone and the olympics can be a celebration of life and humanity

Last edited:

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Last week the Australian Olympics committee still it was a go. Get your facts right like Trumppy..:rolleyes:
Get my facts right? I didn't say they weren't getting prepared like it was to go ahead, so get YOUR facts right. It has now been postponed - FACT!