Rugby League NRL Round 5 - Saints v Parra (Away)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Some seem to forget we had Hunt, McInnes and Bird out last week. Three of our main players.

Bird will be back - but not the other two.

Those two are a very important part of the team.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Some seem to forget we had Hunt, McInnes and Bird out last week. Three of our main players.

Bird will be back - but not the other two.

Those two are a very important part of the team.

Not to mention JdB - our main attack/defence forward.

Four players maybe worth half our Cap.

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
If the eels win 5 in a row at the start of the season...83, 86. Winners Grand final.

Reactions: S J

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Parra have a much "beefier" pack than the knights so we cant afford to have Ramsey and Dufty running the ball back or out off our line into the Parra Pack like we were lucky to survive doing last week against the knights.

Our Pack even though it was one out running did well last week in the second half against a tiring and injury riddled Knights.

Against Parra Power we are going to have to play smarter and use the ball a lot more.
Our defence is going to have to show that Mongrel and move up to stop conceding big metres to the opposition.
If they get in the close high last tackle kicks the Knights did the likes of Ferguson and Co will be there to contest the ball against our shorter guys.

Parra havent been setting the world on fire BUT they have been winning while Guthertson would have to be the form Fullback

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Parra have a much "beefier" pack than the knights so we cant afford to have Ramsey and Dufty running the ball back or out off our line into the Parra Pack like we were lucky to survive doing last week against the knights.

Our Pack even though it was one out running did well last week in the second half against a tiring and injury riddled Knights.

Against Parra Power we are going to have to play smarter and use the ball a lot more.
Our defence is going to have to show that Mongrel and move up to stop conceding big metres to the opposition.
If they get in the close high last tackle kicks the Knights did the likes of Ferguson and Co will be there to contest the ball against our shorter guys.

Parra havent been setting the world on fire BUT they have been winning while Guthertson would have to be the form Fullback

Ram and Duffs are learning.

All we need is a good start and a helpful Ref.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Ram and Duffs are learning.

All we need is a good start and a helpful Ref.
still learning is fine but they are not B Mozz or other larger wingers like Ferguson who can return the ball off our line after kicks have been fielded.
I can understand using Ravi but some of our more mobile forwards need to be quicker getting back to take the ball up.

Ramsey and Dufty are our best assets in any open play not short run into a huge pack of forwards so they should not be wasted on that task.

We also cannot keep conceding so many "six again" plays.
That rattling cow bell has to be one of the most annoying and disheartening sound in the game today.
Our defence has been much improved and the pressure they have applied has resulted in errors by the opposition and some penalties that have levelled out possession.
I think those errors that keep us in the game wont happen or will be a lot less against the top sides so we need to address that possession stat before it becomes a real problem.

Helpful Ref? is there such a thing? I know some might need to visit OPSM before a game though.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
still learning is fine but they are not B Mozz or other larger wingers like Ferguson who can return the ball off our line after kicks have been fielded.
I can understand using Ravi but some of our more mobile forwards need to be quicker getting back to take the ball up.

Ramsey and Dufty are our best assets in any open play not short run into a huge pack of forwards so they should not be wasted on that task.

We also cannot keep conceding so many "six again" plays.
That rattling cow bell has to be one of the most annoying and disheartening sound in the game today.
Our defence has been much improved and the pressure they have applied has resulted in errors by the opposition and some penalties that have levelled out possession.
I think those errors that keep us in the game wont happen or will be a lot less against the top sides so we need to address that possession stat before it becomes a real problem.

Helpful Ref? is there such a thing? I know some might need to visit OPSM before a game though.

We can only do our best I guess..

Reactions: stanleyg

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Game News:

Eels:
The club has taken a cautious approach to Ryan Matterson following a head knock but he is poised to return in the back row, pushing Isaiah Papali’i to the bench.

After returning from a broken jaw via the NSW Cup last week, Bryce Cartwright is set to make his club debut off the interchange with Keegan Hipgrave and Ray Stone both making way.

The Eels are aiming for a 5-0 start for the second consecutive season.

Saints: Jack Bird will return at centre from a one-game suspension, with Brayden Wiliame dropping to the bench and Jackson Ford to 18th man.

Forwards Trent Merrin (150th club) and Daniel Alvaro (100th NRL) will play milestone games.

Reactions: stanleyg

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
I hope fergo can take and up and down kick...Ok- he had 2 tries..at the end. I wouldn't say tiges are a great side in any respect.