Rugby League NRL - News, Changes and Ideas !

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I hate the strip rules. I prefer it when if another player has at any time been in the tackle it still counts. That pommy bloke at Canberra plays that stripping rule to the nth degree.

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
I hate the strip rules. I prefer it when if another player has at any time been in the tackle it still counts. That pommy bloke at Canberra plays that stripping rule to the nth degree.
So does that Aussie at the Storm. The rules are the same for everyone. Regardless of nationality.

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
I have a few thoughts about how the game is being officiated at the moment.

I don't like the way tacklers have given up any pretence of trying to clear the ruck, knowing they will not be penalised, forcing the dummy-half to reach around them.

When the ref calls held, and the defenders continue to drive the ball-carrier back another another five to ten metres, I don't see why the team in possession aren't entitled to advance the ball to where the held call was made, but that does not seem to happen.

When you are camped on the opposition 20 m zone, six more tackles aren't usually that much help. Most normal attacking sets of six are low-risk plays, not seriously trying to score until tackle five, or maybe tackle.four. So then you get a tackle reset, and again you don't want to chance it early in the tackle count for a low risk play. It's a Godsend on your own 30 m line, but in attack, I'm sure there are times when teams would like the option of taking the two.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
When the ref calls held, and the defenders continue to drive the ball-carrier back another another five to ten metres, I don't see why the team in possession aren't entitled to advance the ball to where the held call was made, but that does not seem to happen.
True, but sometimes the ref calls "held" too quickly when the movement doesn't stop.

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
I would imagine Warriors fans were pretty fed up with the aftermath of the game all being about what a big deal it was for the oh so important Brisbane Broncos, without whom how would the sport manage, etc etc... :rolleyes:

The win was just as vital, if not more so, for NZW.

Reactions: stanleyg