Match Review NRL Grand Final - 2019

Peter Quinn

Yes - certain words have been blocked for the time being. I'm fed up with coming in here to see the childish rubbish and arguing.

The game is over - the Roosters won. Its like in the USA where they are still arguing/fighting over the Presidential Election - and you can see how badly that is going.

We were a friendly group who allowed others to have a view. Now its accusations of this or that - allegations that border on slander.

It could well ruin the site if people don't just chill.

We have children dying of starvation in the world - dying from lack of clean drinking water - without a roof to sleep under etc. Yet we go on arguing over a game of footie.

Sure - have a view BUT do it nicely - don't insult and abuse.
They are only starving because their governments are corrupt.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Agree on "runners". I don't know why they are on the filed at all.

I must say I'm not offended by the internet I just get sick of the silly antics. BUT - I'm not going to allow this site to be placed in a position where it "publishes" slander/libel on any person. If anyone finds that wrong then they can go elsewhere.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Peter Quinn

Agree on "runners". I don't know why they are on the filed at all.

I must say I'm not offended by the internet I just get sick of the silly antics. BUT - I'm not going to allow this site to be placed in a position where it "publishes" slander/libel on any person. If anyone finds that wrong then they can go elsewhere.
You appear to be stuck on making threats yourself SJ. Keep in mind if you continue to offend people yourself, you might be a mod of a ghost town forum. Forums are for people to air and share their views. True within guidelines. But if someone is only saying what the majority feel or know, I hardly think that's reason for anyone else to threaten them or they be banned etc. I don't know what forum that has any staff member on it who only allows what they themselves want, say and think. Otherwise you might as well do it all yourself. I wouldn't be too Kim Jong Un if I was you. There are only about six people on the whole site and they are all in Souths forums. Give people a break from dictating. No one has said anything here that is wrong and the site can be blamed for anything an author said. But keep threatening and see what happens. To start with, you make appearances on the Souths forum and you are a St George fan. You tell us to stop saying this, give it a break the game is over, get over it etc etc. What sort of mod are you? It was a grand Final and a team was cheated. If they weren't talking about that, there would be nothing written at all. But you can't tell people what to say or write. Your a mod on a dying forum SJ, not the President Of Rugby League.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
You appear to be stuck on making threats yourself SJ. Keep in mind if you continue to offend people yourself, you might be a mod of a ghost town forum. Forums are for people to air and share their views. True within guidelines. But if someone is only saying what the majority feel or know, I hardly think that's reason for anyone else to threaten them or they be banned etc. I don't know what forum that has any staff member on it who only allows what they themselves want, say and think. Otherwise you might as well do it all yourself. I wouldn't be too Kim Jong Un if I was you. There are only about six people on the whole site and they are all in Souths forums. Give people a break from dictating. No one has said anything here that is wrong and the site can be blamed for anything an author said. But keep threatening and see what happens. To start with, you make appearances on the Souths forum and you are a St George fan. You tell us to stop saying this, give it a break the game is over, get over it etc etc. What sort of mod are you? It was a grand Final and a team was cheated. If they weren't talking about that, there would be nothing written at all. But you can't tell people what to say or write. Your a mod on a dying forum SJ, not the President Of Rugby League.
Thanks for the advice Peter. We were here long before you came - and we'll be here long after. If you feel this way - then go - no-one is stopping you.

Most members here are very good. Members are encouraged to go on all forums. not just on the one they support. you may learn that if you stay. And - I'll go on any forum I like !

DO NOT tell me what I can tell people ! And - do not make threats to me. No one asked you to join - and no one will beg you to stay.

Anymore smart advice and I'll make the decision for you.

Peter Quinn

Thanks for the advice Peter. We were here long before you came - and we'll be here long after. If you feel this way - then go - no-one is stopping you.

Most members here are very good. Members are encouraged to go on all forums. not just on the one they support. you may learn that if you stay. And - I'll go on any forum I like !

DO NOT tell me what I can tell people ! And - do not make threats to me. No one asked you to join - and no one will beg you to stay.

Anymore smart advice and I'll make the decision for you.
You are an Arse mate. And a flipping dictator of a shithouse forum. Look at all the other clubs forum, NO ONE THERE AT ALL. My guess is that's because of you.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013

Seriously SJ....You need a vacation as its been a tough year especially for Dragons fans.
You set the guidelines and people should work within them ….BUT.....doing a Berger paints and keeping on keeping on overlooking the foul language and threats of violence or hints at violence because someone has "issues" sets the tone for others.
If you are going to run a "tight" ship thats fine but include everyone or be just a tolerant of everyones opinions and content.
You cant discuss issues unless you have DIFFERENT opinons or we would be just saying "oh Yes, I agree" and then the crap would still start as some would get uptight saying "but I agreed first".

That GF no matter what forum or pub it is discussed in will be subject of different views and opinions for years to come but the record books will show that the R O R T E R S won it
Roosters fans will Crow as they have a right to but outside observers and Raiders fans will still feel aggrieved over some decisions or actions that impacted heavily on the game.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
@stanleyg Mate - my main issue was the comments made about people on here - accusations of drugs, cheating, corruption etc. Its just not on.

I am not setting us up for a law suit. You may find this minor but I do not.

I have no idea who this bloke is but I am not going to put up with his crap. Sorry.

I value our souths members but I am not going to be blackmailed that they might leave if I don't accept their behaviour - and it is only coming from this one bloke.

So - as far as I'm concerned he can go. If he doesn't leave voluntarily I'll remove him. Just check his language above - "You are an Arse mate. And a flipping dictator of a shithouse forum. Look at all the other clubs forum, NO ONE THERE AT ALL. My guess is that's because of you."

Why does he "live" in here and post so often if he thinks this ? Our Souths guys came here to ESCAPE trolling and bad mods. I've gone out of my way to help. BUT - I won't accept personal attacks on me.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Canberra legend and Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga offered Ben Cummins some salvation on Monday.

Meninga, who blew the horn to begin the Raiders’ Viking Clap before the grand final, reiterated Canberra coach Ricky Stuart’s stance not to publicly criticise officials over the call.

“That’s footy. Things go against you,” Meninga said.

“And as Ricky said you’ve got to find solutions.

“The Rooster took their opportunities and the Raiders didn’t.”

----------

Well said Mal.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
My point is NO Trainers should be on the field during PLAY.
That incident in the GF is a perfect example of WHY.....It wasn't BAD LUCK.

Normal speed is a cop out …..the tackle was made when he DIDNT have the ball......if you want to put in what ifs......what if the ball had gone to a diffent play?...What if he had actually tackled the player when he GOT the ball …..could he have stopped the momentum over the try line?.
As for "lucky to be a penalty" you take the risk for a wrong play or impede play to give away a penalty in your ten metre zone a lot have been BINNED and this deserved no less either.
Going on those "incidents" Raiders have a fair right to claim they were ROBBED.

The :) have always been :) and nothing has changed......How you react to it is your problem but remember...…View attachment 2527
The NRL is to blame for the GF fiasco NOT the :) by its constant tinkering with rules during the season.
They need to …
Remove trainers except during breaks in play.
Insert 2 Captains challenges per half over disputed refereeing decisions....Yes it will slow the game down like NFL but it will support the Referees decision more often than not.
The NRL will need to clearly set out what sort of decisons can be challenged and if successful they keep the challenged after that its just...suck it up.
Bring back competitive scrums with forwards not backs in them as well.
Cut out the wrestling
and most importantly cut out any form of BALL STRIPPING
Be more stringent in the auditing process or throw their hands up over third party deals and make it open slather......of course getting a free Mercedes to drive by your sponsor should impact the salary cap more than a driving a Hyundai
I really like the idea of captains challenge I don’t care if it slows the game down @S J.

As for the trainers I completely agree, or if the ball hits your trainer you lose the ball would be fair I’d say.

I dunno what we do for the wrestling but it is ruining the game and some fans have had enough of it actually.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
You are an Arse mate. And a flipping dictator of a shithouse forum. Look at all the other clubs forum, NO ONE THERE AT ALL. My guess is that's because of you.
Cmon mate give it a rest, he’s not an arse he does a very good job, I think he’s doing a great job actually overall.

No need to get abusive mate, we don’t need that on here.

Also re the people are starving comment I completely get where S J are coming from as he’s right and also lots of people now have cancer etc............

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Canberra legend and Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga offered Ben Cummins some salvation on Monday.

Meninga, who blew the horn to begin the Raiders’ Viking Clap before the grand final, reiterated Canberra coach Ricky Stuart’s stance not to publicly criticise officials over the call.

“That’s footy. Things go against you,” Meninga said.

“And as Ricky said you’ve got to find solutions.

“The Rooster took their opportunities and the Raiders didn’t.”

----------

Well said Mal.
For me it was just a shame Canberra didn’t get a chance to have that last play as they just look at the refs signal, it was such a big moment.

The trainer rule also is annoying

Reactions: stanleyg and S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
For me it was just a shame Canberra didn’t get a chance to have that last play as they just look at the refs signal, it was such a big moment.

The trainer rule also is annoying
I think the trainer rule is worse. The "6 again" was a bad mistake - the Trainers are on in every game !

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I think the trainer rule is worse. The "6 again" was a bad mistake - the Trainers are on in every game !
I’ve just got 2GB radio on, apparently on the Ben Fordham show they’re going to be talking about how they believe the NRL owe Canberra an apology, I think I may have a listen to what they say and if their is link to listen to a bit of it on the 2GB site I’ll link it and post it here for all to listen.

I agree re the trainers, maybe that’s something you can put in that thread we made up and can be your point, I have my two, as I said if we all give one or two points we could come up with something you can summarise and send off, as you said may get no reply but at least we tried.

Maybe more advertisements and special deals for local derby’ could be one to.... more free public transport etc too for games and more reciprocal rights deals which I let Souths know this year as we barely got any reciprocal rights like last few seasons. Was $420 for 14 games a year or two ago, now $430 for 10 games a big difference in value for money.

Away members of teams imo @callmack1 should also get some form of reciprocal rights where possible.

Reactions: callmack1

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
@stanleyg Mate - my main issue was the comments made about people on here - accusations of drugs, cheating, corruption etc. Its just not on.

So - as far as I'm concerned he can go. If he doesn't leave voluntarily I'll remove him. Just check his language above - "You are an Arse mate. And a flipping dictator of a shithouse forum. Look at all the other clubs forum, NO ONE THERE AT ALL. My guess is that's because of you."
Liable is always a risk in any discussion forum and that's what a moderator like you is for.

Much better to use words like "alleged" or "I have heard" ….unless its something that has been proven in a court of law you are commenting on or are prepared to OWN because you have first hand knowledge.

As for the language you cite its actually quite tame to some other language you have let be used in here that on complaint has been met with a mild request to improve on or to try and "be nice to each other"
The response was not a threat BUT a definite "see ya laterF......rs I 'am leaving" which was his choice.
That decision only last a couple of days and behaviour improved for a week and then the foul language was back.

As for language directed at you as Moderator you can ban them and probably should or suspend them for a few weeks.
You cant abuse the moderator and get away with it whether you feel you are right and they are wrong is totally irrelevant.

Hopefully its calm summer of sport with no drama and everyone rests up for next season.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Liable is always a risk in any discussion forum and that's what a moderator like you is for.

Much better to use words like "alleged" or "I have heard" ….unless its something that has been proven in a court of law you are commenting on or are prepared to OWN because you have first hand knowledge.

As for the language you cite its actually quite tame to some other language you have let be used in here that on complaint has been met with a mild request to improve on or to try and "be nice to each other"
The response was not a threat BUT a definite "see ya laterF......rs I 'am leaving" which was his choice.
That decision only last a couple of days and behaviour improved for a week and then the foul language was back.

As for language directed at you as Moderator you can ban them and probably should or suspend them for a few weeks.
You cant abuse the moderator and get away with it whether you feel you are right and they are wrong is totally irrelevant.

Hopefully its calm summer of sport with no drama and everyone rests up for next season.
Yes - I know. I don't like that thread - Politics - but there is a warning on it. AND - you might not notice it, but I do censor it occasionally. Bazza does ... :)

But - we can all learn something from this - maybe not stir people we know WILL react. And/or use the "ignore" button and never see the comments anyway ... :)

Cheers

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Watched a bit of the GF last night. I'm not as convinced now that the "6 Again" did catch Canberra out. I didn't realise/forgotten Chooks had 4 (?) tackles inside their half/quarter - before the break. Surely Canberra were ready by then ?

It was that brilliant pass by Mitchell that did it. Canberra had exactly the same chance - and Leilua dropped the ball - forward - in a tackle.

1. The trainer thing is still the same - they SHOULD NOT be on the field. WHY was he on at the 1.5 minute mark ???

Perhaps we use the cricket rule and penalise the team who infringes - ie if it happens again a scrum and the non-offending team has the feed ?

2. With the 6 again - I'd just have a scrum and allow the team who should have the ball to feed.

Archie

Jul 30, 2017
I agree with this. Raiders had there opportunities. It was bad luck but nothing more.

Don't like Chooks - look at Rooster - however a well drilled team.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast