Opinion Nobody talks about rugby league matches any more here...

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
There were three rugby league international matches played this weekend. Only one of them seems to have managed a thread of its own, and even that has no comment about the game itself.

Do posters here care so little about our sport that they can't even be bothered to give the rest of us their views? It's not just international matches either; even regular NRL matches seldom achieve their own thread.

Only the recent influx of Rabbitohs fans, who at least seem interested and passionate about their own club, are keeping alive any semblance of match discussion these days.

90% of the threads on my front page are merely links to press releases and news media. If I wanted the SMH's view, or Stuff NZ's, or the BBC's, on a game, I'd go straight to their websites, not here. I come here to get the opinion of Aussie and Kiwi fans on the matches I watch each week. And I try to give my take on the games I see too (if I can find a thread to post them on!). You may not agree with my views, but at least they are my own opinions, written in my own words.

For such a 'big' website, I think it's a crying shame. There is more to rugby league than three damned games a season between Queensland and New South Wales. This website is a tool to enable us to discuss the game we love. Can we not start doing that again?

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Not all of us on the forum can/and do watch all games. We all have lives away...

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I watched them all Moto.

Enjoyed them too.

I guess if you follow a team more you may start a thread.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Bit unfair Moto - you could have done a England/NZ thread.

We do have one for the other 2 games.

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
There were three rugby league international matches played this weekend. Only one of them seems to have managed a thread of its own, and even that has no comment about the game itself.

Do posters here care so little about our sport that they can't even be bothered to give the rest of us their views? It's not just international matches either; even regular NRL matches seldom achieve their own thread.

Only the recent influx of Rabbitohs fans, who at least seem interested and passionate about their own club, are keeping alive any semblance of match discussion these days.

90% of the threads on my front page are merely links to press releases and news media. If I wanted the SMH's view, or Stuff NZ's, or the BBC's, on a game, I'd go straight to their websites, not here. I come here to get the opinion of Aussie and Kiwi fans on the matches I watch each week. And I try to give my take on the games I see too (if I can find a thread to post them on!). You may not agree with my views, but at least they are my own opinions, written in my own words.

For such a 'big' website, I think it's a crying shame. There is more to rugby league than three damned games a season between Queensland and New South Wales. This website is a tool to enable us to discuss the game we love. Can we not start doing that again?
Mate - I follow the eels! That's why I rarely speak about my team and the start of the season didn't help because of all the penalties the refs were blowing!

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Cheers mate :( it's not looking better also this Thursday. ..league leaders v bottom of the ladder...my team.
come on Bazza they have their best opportunity for a win against the Dragons:rolleyes: and while I hope not it wouldnt surprise me if they got up.

I also watched the Png and Tonga wins which I thought were exciting to watch. Whether it was the altitude I wasn't as impressed with kiwi/poms game BUT I was impressed by Widdop:D

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
England were pretty sloppy in the first half, falling off too many tackles, but sharpened up well in the second half, and Bennett's plan of putting two backs on the bench didn't seem as dumb as the pundits seemed to think, with Connor producing a match-winning performance. But of course this was a well under-strength Kiwi side.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
would the organisers with happy with the attendance in denver? i think it was around 19k - 20k..

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
I thought that was not bad - considering they had a big game on in opposition. The Rockies were home and probably got a full house.

So 20k is not bad. Next time we'd hope for 30-40k.
What I saw, many poms in the venue (holidays and work visas) Maybe half yanks. They showed on CBS I think? But the association should be more constated
on the emerging nations. That's my tip!

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
What I saw, many poms in the venue (holidays and work visas) Maybe half yanks. They showed on CBS I think? But the association should be more constated
on the emerging nations. That's my tip!
you could be right Bazza. The yanks tend towards sports with a lot of rest breaks.
Although the NRL is obviously tending to go in that direction with stoppages for almost anything and the Bunker is the biggest rest break going at the moment