Off Topic My day

Northern_Union

Forum fool
Jul 15, 2012
Timaru
www.theNZwarriorsonline.com
So today me and the wife drove 200km south of where we live to watch the Warriors play the Broncos in an NRL trial match in Dunedin. She wanted to buy some special sort of wool at a big craft super store in Dunedin. All good i thought we have time to spare so pulled into the car park as i always do parked away from anyone else. Came out of the shop having procured said wool...and looked toward the car and asked the wife what was leaning against the car. Got closer to the car and realized that some turkey in 4x4 had hit a lighting tower in the car park and the tower had fallen onto my car. The lighting tower is at least 30 foot and the amazing thing is all it did was smash my right hand side brake light and scuff a little bit of my spoiler.
Get to the game and were sitting next to a couple with a baby. 10 minutes into the game and mum moves baby from left side to right side and baby sprays me with water from his bottle. Gets to half time in the game and dads holds baby while mum goes to get chips. Coming back into her seat a chip with what looks like all of the tomato sauce on it falls out of the pottle and down my trouser leg smearing sauce down me.
2 hour drive later and were home again. Go to turn on TV and find that the Sky TV box has cooked it's self. Annnd to top of the day nicely we feed the cat and she throws up her dinner EVERYWHERE!
But the Warriors did beat the Broncos though so that was the main thing :)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
So today me and the wife drove 200km south of where we live to watch the Warriors play the Broncos in an NRL trial match in Dunedin. She wanted to buy some special sort of wool at a big craft super store in Dunedin. All good i thought we have time to spare so pulled into the car park as i always do parked away from anyone else. Came out of the shop having procured said wool...and looked toward the car and asked the wife what was leaning against the car. Got closer to the car and realized that some turkey in 4x4 had hit a lighting tower in the car park and the tower had fallen onto my car. The lighting tower is at least 30 foot and the amazing thing is all it did was smash my right hand side brake light and scuff a little bit of my spoiler.
Get to the game and were sitting next to a couple with a baby. 10 minutes into the game and mum moves baby from left side to right side and baby sprays me with water from his bottle. Gets to half time in the game and dads holds baby while mum goes to get chips. Coming back into her seat a chip with what looks like all of the tomato sauce on it falls out of the pottle and down my trouser leg smearing sauce down me.
2 hour drive later and were home again. Go to turn on TV and find that the Sky TV box has cooked it's self. Annnd to top of the day nicely we feed the cat and she throws up her dinner EVERYWHERE!
But the Warriors did beat the Broncos though so that was the main thing :)
Well - I guess that it is New Zealand after all ... ;)

(Our dog had the runs/vomits for the past week. Worse than a sick kid. He's now on antibiotics and a liquid tummy settler - which I apply via a syringe thing in the mouth. First go - he spat the lot back at me ... :) . He is over 14 - a Golden Retriever - but getting his mouth open to take the tablets - 2 1/2 twice a day - is fun.).

TerryG

Voider of Warranties
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
thenzwarriorsonline.com
That could have been so much worse. :eek:

Glad to see you handled it well.

I'm sure it wasn't a proud moment for the other driver.

Just as well the Warriors pulled off a win.;)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
That could have been so much worse. :eek:

Glad to see you handled it well.

I'm sure it wasn't a proud moment for the other driver.

Just as well the Warriors pulled off a win.;)
Yes - look at the important things ... :)

Imagine if the score was reversed - the drive home.

Reactions: TerryG

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
Shop look a bit liable there. Did you see the other car hit the lighting tower? Surely it shouldn't have fallen over with a relatively low-speed knock! Suppose it'd landed on someone's head?

Scary stuff!

Northern_Union

Forum fool
Jul 15, 2012
Timaru
www.theNZwarriorsonline.com
Well - I guess that it is New Zealand after all ... ;)

(Our dog had the runs/vomits for the past week. Worse than a sick kid. He's now on antibiotics and a liquid tummy settler - which I apply via a syringe thing in the mouth. First go - he spat the lot back at me ... :) . He is over 14 - a Golden Retriever - but getting his mouth open to take the tablets - 2 1/2 twice a day - is fun.).
Hey @S J i forgot to ask, how is your dog?

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Hey @S J i forgot to ask, how is your dog?
Not too bad thanks @NU. Still a bit unwell - I guess when you're over 14 (or 100 in our terms) its good to be still here. He's back to walking with us and eating again. I have to keep him on the antibiotics until they are all gone - another few days.

Put him on this special canned food - and it does have one serious side affect ... :)