Members Introductions

tigerjim

Apr 23, 2013
Being a new forum and all lets get a thread going where you can post a little bit about yourself. I will start off.

I'm a huge Wests Tigers fan if you haven't already guessed. Well not really. Let me rephrase that, I'm a huge Balmain Tigers fan being born and bred in Balmain. My favourite player at the present time is Robbie Farah. He is the ultimate player. Excellent Leadership, can tackle and a great ball player. I'm 34 and have a couple of little rascals.

Look forward to passionate debates with all new members

Reactions: H

H

Mod Squad
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
Brisbane
thenzwarriorsonline.com
Hi everybody.I'm lucky enough to have a family that lives and breathes football.I have spent the past 20 years driving my 3 sons to training and games along with countless carnivals all over Qld.I've loved every minute of it. I like all grades of footy.Given a choice I would rather watch a good game of grassroots footy or a good junior game rather than the NRL.. I love to talk footy on the forums.Looking forward too having many discussions here.
Ok who's the next cab off the rank?

Beery Goodness

Perpetually Bewildered
Apr 3, 2013
Off with the pixies
I have 2 boys that have played the game, but both are no longer involved. The oldest has played at quite a high level, the youngest quit at U15s.
I have been heavily involved in junior footy for 20 odd years, including 11 years sitting on the committee of a reasonably high profile club in Brisbane and also spending some time as President of that club.
I love the game, I find that watching club level footy is generally more enjoyable than watching NRL. I enjoy discussing the game with other like minded people.

gene

Apr 4, 2013
I shall go next. Have enjoyed coaching at all levels of footy for the last 10 years after a long but not very distinguished playing career. Currently have 2 very young sons playing and love to see them have fun in the greatest game of all. I look forward to having a chat/discussion/debate regarding the game.

nodd

Apr 4, 2013
hiding from the kids
G'day all, been involved with League (same club) 30 years as a player,coach and official. Had a break the last two years as I have a young family, but hopefully once my two boys reach the right age I'll be back into it with them. Love my local club and also support the easts tigers in Brissie and the mighty eagles in the nrl.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Not sure if I have - but - HI !!!

Married. Live on Bribie Island - about 60 klms above Brisbane. Saints fan. Love footie, travel, wine/beer, movies and have the occasional bet on the horses. Tend to live the easy life - and accept what comes - but will always stand up for what I believe in.

Have a Ref's certificate in soccer (coached youngsters), level 2 cricket coach, played union and league to a middle level, played cricket - only game I've broken bones in. Love tennis and surfing. People say I'm "one-eyed" about my footie ... :) ... but I'm not sure.

Have an old Golden Retriever - Charlie - who is a great friend but won't let me out of his sight. Family spread about - but in Canberra, Newcastle, and other parts (eg Melbourne, Drouin, etc). Friends spread across Australia.

morkel

Graphics Guru
Apr 4, 2013
Various South East Queensland
Hello. I have the manners of a mutated ill-tempered sea bass. I'd like to blame it on the Broncos' poor form but I've always been this way. I have been married for about 10 years no, have one daughter (almost 4) and a boy on the way. Contrary to rumours he will not be named Justin. I'm a graphic designer and work for a decent sized signage company on the Gold Coast. I live near Jimboomba, which is South of Brisbane - close enough to be able to hit a major artery (Logan Mwy) in 15 minutes, but far enough to not get ADSL2. Or town water. We've got just over 6 acres here so it's nice & quiet.

Despite playing League, Union, & just about every other sport, the only bone I've ever broken was my little toe. Attempting to kick a soccer ball but hitting a concrete step instead. In bare feet. It hurt.