Opinion Medical - Sun Safety, Body, Other Remedies

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
pressure sore? ocd?. you can apply something he doesnt like such as rub raw chilli onto the area...
It should stop it or the dog may start to lick another spot otherwise its an expensive vet consultation..

My vet loved us because my dogs weighed between 70 and 116 kgs so he said meds were charged by dog weight lol.
Ssheeesssshhhhhh you must’ve/must have/had big dogs.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
Might be a pressure point problem. Get some ointment from vet/dog shop.

Don't like chilli idea.
if its OCD chilli is fine .
.its not poisonous and discourages the behaviour for which there is often an underlying reason and of course NO ONE would apply it to an "open" wound" which licking would eventually result in.

applying an "ointment" wont sort it out if the dog can keep licking that spot.

Having spent fair portion of my life owning, breeding and showing dogs as well as spending a fortune on vet bills I do have some idea even if you do not like it.
Its no different to tying a bucket over their head and it looks a lot better.

Its also that time of year when "heat" spots start to annoy animals including humans with beards and having that issue I can sympathise with a dog .

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
Nice photo.

I am not a big dog person I only like small ones.
I had to get surgery to a back leg tendon on my male bullmastiff once.
It required him to go to the University for it and apart from a bucket on his head when he got home it took 5 valium to get him to drop and relax.

as an aside the house next door when I lived at Heathcote was broken into and the cops turned up enmass including the dog squad.
I caught the dog squad about to lift his shepherd over the fence to follow a scent and I told him there was NO burglar in our yard.
He started to debate it when a 200lb plus mastiff trotted around the corner with his hackles up.
He went and looked elsewhere.

I find little dogs are to "yappy" for me and it can get annoying. the renters next door have a small cavoodle and it drives me nuts when they go out .

Their only saving grace is they are cheaper at the vets and live longer.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
I just got a "special" payout from Telstra.
For what? Remember I said our home phone wasn’t working ages ago? Ended up getting it fixed took 1 year and a bit legit. We ended up getting compensated on our next 3 months of bills. We tried for more but couldn’t get anymore. Had to go through so many people and so many dead ends to try get it fixed

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Steps

Does anyone else do a step count on there phone - and get Qantas points ?

Becomes quite a passion.