Kemp resigns

Northern_Union

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/854 ... llegations

The high performance manager of the New Zealand Rugby League has resigned from his job in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

An investigation into allegations of harassment by Tony Kemp ended last week. Kemp, a former Kiwi international player, could not be reached for comment but NZRL chief executive Phil Holden said in a statement that he regretted the decision.

"Tony leaves the NZRL after three years to pursue new opportunities...he created a legacy that will endure for some time."

Kemp's role for Friday's Anzac test will be taken up by the team's assistant coach Tony Iro. He will also take over as head of high performance.

Kemp played 25 tests for the Kiwis, and was in charge of the Warriors as coach for 37 games before being sacked in 2005.

- © Fairfax NZ News

TerryG

I always agree with you Kniitey...

But, if we forget the two games where Tony Iro coached the Warriors, Tony Kemp's 2004-2005 strike rate is the worst of any Warriors coach: 35.14% (13 from 37). This is actually worse than Bluey's 38.10% (8 from 22).

I was never impressed with Mr Kemp as coach but hope he was better for you at Newscastle.

Northern_Union

Kiwis at the Knights in the early days: James Golding, Sam Stewart, Tony Kemp, Tea Ropati, James Temu. Have i missed any?

Muppet

Northern_Union said:
Kiwis at the Knights in the early days: James Golding, Sam Stewart, Tony Kemp, Tea Ropati, James Temu. Have i missed any?
The shoe, Johnny Schuster. Was pretty good too.