Opinion Kangaroos - News and Views

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I just saw the side - Tonga is the favourite in my opinion. Mal - you had to change the forwards, but you think I'm IMMORTAL I know best..I hoping Tonga will win actually. Saturday with a few mates and one f***er has Tongan blood.

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
they really need a defensive forward ..or two and the halves combination just didn't work against the Kiwis. Mal will have to pull a "rabbit" out of his hat against Tonga.
Fifita and JT will just run straight through our pack or maybe they will run wide at our halves.
Having watched the Kiwis Tonga will work hard to draw Australias defenced infield and then use the empty space out side to score

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Australia: The Kangaroos have named an unchanged line-up to the one that went down to New Zealand last week, meaning Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Tyrone Peachey again miss out. Luke Keary is named at five-eighth after being concussed early last week.

Tonga: Tonga have a handful of changes from the mid-year Samoa Test with Solomone Kata and David Fusitu'a replacing Konrad Hurrell and Robert Jennings in the three-quarter line, plus Sika Manu and Tevita Pangai jnr replacing Manu Ma'u and Tevita Tatola in the pack.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
Is Robert Jennings injured, then? He is a loss. His brother looks past it.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The scoreline looks good but the actual result isn't that hot.

Tonga made a lot of errors.....especially in the first half and probably luckily for australia

The aussies had a relapse around the 16th minute.
Their defence was non existent as Pangai virtually strolled in for the easiest of untouched tries.
Around the 18th minute Australia got a scrum feed around the Tonga 20 metre mark.
DCE and Keary nowhere to be seen to feed the scrum with Turbo Tommy a centre feeding the scrum.
The ball came out and a wild pass resulted in Australia losing another 25 odd metres.

Tongas next try was out wide and Gagai was in field instead of marking up.
Tonga played better in the 2nd half and Australia had to work hard to keep their points scoring to a minimum.

Over all Tonga deserves its place in the top tier of rugby league while I cant see how suggestions were made that should Australia lose we drop down to playing second tier countries.
The crowd was impressed by the game and there was a see of red and white accompanied by some old fashioned "soccer" style harmonies from the 26K odd crowd.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
As usual stanley has it about right in my book. Tonga were competitive, and the scoreline would have been a lot closer if they had hung onto the ball better in the first half, their completion rate was dismal. And as with all the island nations, they lack a little in the halves, and of course were dealt a further blow with Hingano's injury.

Pangai's try was bizarre. Usually when someone strolls through an enormous hole, you wait for the whistle, because there's been some obstruction. But in this case, no, no obstruction, just a massive hole!

Actually, on Hingano, I realise he's been unlucky with injury, but he seemed to be hailed as 'the next big thing' when he first came on the scene, as I recall. Think it's fair to say he's never quite lived up to that.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
The Australian Prime Minister's XIII men's and women's teams will take the field in Fiji at the end of 2019, marking the first official Prime Minister's XIII matches in the country.