Opinion Jack's Five - #7 - 33 - 2019

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Jack's Five - Without fear, nor favour ... :)

1. Smith Smites.

2. Folau Fires.

3. Saints Soar.

4. Blacks Beaten.

5. Roosters Ready.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Maria Folau has spoiled the Super Netball home farewells of two retiring Queensland Firebirds after inspiring Adelaide to a 12-goal win in Brisbane. St Kilda finally win. All Blacks beaten by Wannabees. Chooks set for the big one.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Smith did very well for someone who probably shouldn't be in the side
Maria is playing very well given the pressure she must be under for supporting her hubbys right to free speech
That's highest I have seen those turkeys fly all season. If only we could play the titans every week
Good win by the wobblys and it seems they have worked out a good game plan...Play 15 against 14.
The rorters played very well and if someone is going to beat the Storm it might be them

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
LOL! HE SHOULD BE FIRST PLAYER PICKED!
on form and ability ..YES
But as the captain and NOT stopping sandpaper gate he blotted his copy book so badly he should be banned full stop.
As the captain and knowing about it his offence was the worst.
Going by your reasoning Folau should be forgiven by the ARU and first person picked.
Even his "crime" had nothing to do with the game he played but he effectively got a LIFE ban.

Archie

Jul 30, 2017
on form and ability ..YES
But as the captain and NOT stopping sandpaper gate he blotted his copy book so badly he should be banned full stop.
As the captain and knowing about it his offence was the worst.
Going by your reasoning Folau should be forgiven by the ARU and first person picked.
Even his "crime" had nothing to do with the game he played but he effectively got a LIFE ban.
Hope smith and Warner get big scores again. Done the time.

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
He should be forgiven. He shouldn't have been banned in the first place. They should apologize to him.
Yes that is the prime difference...
Folau DIDNT do anything related to his sport wrong. He is a victim of political correctness and pandering to sponsors.

Smith and Co DID do something wrong and Smith being captain not only condoned it but SHOULD have stopped it.
He should have got life but certainly a lot more than the smack on the wrist penalty irrespective of how good a cricketer he is.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Yes that is the prime difference...
Folau DIDNT do anything related to his sport wrong. He is a victim of political correctness and pandering to sponsors.

Smith and Co DID do something wrong and Smith being captain not only condoned it but SHOULD have stopped it.
He should have got life but certainly a lot more than the smack on the wrist penalty irrespective of how good a cricketer he is.
They paid the price though. Do you go after people who have served their prison terms after they get out ? I think 12 months was way OTT.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
They paid the price though. Do you go after people who have served their prison terms after they get out ? I think 12 months was way OTT.
apparently you can and they do go after people that have finished their prison terms.
They even apply to courts to keep them in after their sentence.
Even offenders who havent been in a particular job or sport for years are till referred to as "former" this or that when they may have had many jobs since.
Its deviant amplification.

My point is while you think 12mths is OTT I think and many others as well that he should have got a LOT more.
Don't forget cricket is our national sport that whose reputation reflects on the nation as a whole.
Remember the Kronje betting incident in seth African cricket.

Even Johnny Howard said being Prime Minister is the second most important job in the country.

No prizes which the top job is.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
apparently you can and they do go after people that have finished their prison terms.
They even apply to courts to keep them in after their sentence.
Even offenders who havent been in a particular job or sport for years are till referred to as "former" this or that when they may have had many jobs since.
Its deviant amplification.

My point is while you think 12mths is OTT I think and many others as well that he should have got a LOT more.
Don't forget cricket is our national sport that whose reputation reflects on the nation as a whole.
Remember the Kronje betting incident in seth African cricket.

Even Johnny Howard said being Prime Minister is the second most important job in the country.

No prizes which the top job is.
Mod on here ... :)