Match Review I love this game.

TerryGaines

Voider of Warranties
Apr 20, 2014
One minute, the Doggies cough up possession by playing the ball in the wrong direction...
1596373297744.png

Next minute Jake Avarillo pulls off an inverted try from outside the field of play.
1596373072179.png

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Playing the ball the wrong way; I've seen that done in the flesh. A Cook Islander in a World Cup match at Bristol against the USA.

Reactions: TerryGaines

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Good trivia - what is the funniest thing you've ever seen - in the flesh - as Blondie might say ? moto748 moto748 TerryGaines TerryGaines The_Fanatical_Rooster The_Fanatical_Rooster Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 RADICAL RABBIT RADICAL RABBIT callmack1 callmack1 Southy Southy stanleyg stanleyg

Or - if not - on TV.

I remember a bloke dropping out from under the posts in a game - against us - the ball fell - stuck in the mud - and didn't bounce. His boot went over the top of it ... We all just stood laughing. It was such a shitty day - wind and rain - but so muddy.

I think we got a penalty in front for it.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Good trivia - what is the funniest thing you've ever seen - in the flesh - as Blondie might say ? moto748 moto748 TerryGaines TerryGaines The_Fanatical_Rooster The_Fanatical_Rooster Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 RADICAL RABBIT RADICAL RABBIT callmack1 callmack1 Southy Southy stanleyg stanleyg
One of the funniest things I saw was at a game between the Western Suburbs Magpies and the Illawarra Steelers at Wollongong Stadium. I was on one end of the ground behind the posts with my father and we saw a seagull fly quickly directly into one of the uprights and it dropped to the field dead. The Magpies had a drop-out at that end of the field shortly after. Steve Georgallis (who was playing for the Magpies) saw the dead seagull and was like (wtf???) and kicked it off the field.

Another funny thing I saw was between the same 2 teams, but at Campbelltown Stadium. It was VERY windy and one of the teams kicked-off, but the wind was so hard it blew the ball right back towards the kicker. The ref penalised the team kicking off. I am not sure if that was the right decision because the ball travelled 10 metres past halfway in the air, but it was too high for the other team to get it before the ball blew back to the other side of the 40 metre line.