Poll Home Stadium for Souths

When the new Sydney stadiums are built, which stadium should be home for Souths???

• New Sydney Football Stadium (Moore Park)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Given that Souths have such a widespread supporter base they could use a variety of grounds.
any grounds in particular come to mind?
Russ could even put a bid in on Kogarah when it isn't being used for soccer or the occasional Dragons game

S J

Mod Squad
Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
SFS, Campbelltown, Bluetongue, WA, Cairns.
In the good old daze we use to have a Match of the Round. We still could.

And play it at the new central stadium. Always a top crowd.

Mind you the TV's were half the size - maybe B&W, without a score showing, and probably only 2 cameras. And you were lucky to get one game a week - Rex made sure it involved Manly. A bit like Friday nights in Brisbane now ... ;)

callmack1

Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
I voted for the new ANZ Stadium.

I have never been to a game there as I am a Kiwi but I understand the lack of atmosphere at smaller games. However, it's where we've been for a number of years now and it just wouldn't feel right to move imo.

Hopefully the new stadium will be built in such a way that spectators are closer to the action and the atmosphere has more potential to be better. I also like the changes ANZ has made for this season with their prices, this along with our (hopeful) return to forum should mean more fans flock to home games and it is more filled up like previous years.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

southsport

May 20, 2013
I voted for the new ANZ Stadium.

I have never been to a game there as I am a Kiwi but I understand the lack of atmosphere at smaller games. However, it's where we've been for a number of years now and it just wouldn't feel right to move imo.

Hopefully the new stadium will be built in such a way that spectators are closer to the action and the atmosphere has more potential to be better. I also like the changes ANZ has made for this season with their prices, this along with our (hopeful) return to forum should mean more fans flock to home games and it is more filled up like previous years.
Ello, ello, ello..........look who the wind just blew in!.........welcome aboard callmack my friend.

S J

Mod Squad
Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Are we allowed to mention other forums? LU doesn't allow it.
Of course - we'd prefer you not to lure our few stalwarts away - but no harm in mentioning them. We all know they exist and some here are actually members I think.

If you prefer them to us its up to you - but you can be members of both. However, we would prefer you not to "push their barrow" - ie advertise them - or even attack them in an unnecessary way. (I don't think the comments to date do that).

southsport

May 20, 2013
Of course - we'd prefer you not to lure our few stalwarts away - but no harm in mentioning them. We all know they exist and some here are actually members I think.

If you prefer them to us its up to you - but you can be members of both. However, we would prefer you not to "push their barrow" - ie advertise them - or even attack them in an unnecessary way. (I don't think the comments to date do that).
Thanks SJ, sometimes I pick up info on other forums, re post it and it's always best to mention where it came from.

Reactions: S J and Rabbits 21