Head Knocks

nodd

Apr 4, 2013
hiding from the kids
Any of you ex-players suffered any serious head knocks that you think will/are affecting you?
And if so , do you have wished you never played the game or are reluctant/unable to allow your children to play the game (or any contact sport for that matter) ?

nodd

Apr 4, 2013
hiding from the kids
I have had quite a few, the worst being my first one- 3 days in hospital and while conscience the whole time, I do not remember a thing from the time we walked out to play the game until I "came to' in hospital with mate pushing my bed around the hospital wards. Scary!

I've been knocked out on another 6 occasions- no where near as bad though,

I have been "diagnosed" with a problem, which they say may have been caused by these headknocks. I feel they are from another issue.

But either way- I'd never stop my boys from playing rugby league if they want to. I would love them to play the game I love and they have shown some interest-so up to them.

I will refuse an requests from my daughter to play the game! full stop.

I would worry about the boys playing, but shit can happen whenever- fall in the playground, run into a closed door(don't laugh it's happened :banghead: ), hit by a car.

Head injuries are a chance you take when you play a contact sport. If you are worried about it don't play, and if you are worried about any injuries, stay inside and play videogames like a lot do nowdays.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
We never really knew how many until they started imposing the rules.

Good to see - there is life after footie ... :)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Had a car accident once - first one was ok - they sat me in the police car to get my "facts" - when a drunk crashed into the police car ... I sort of came too in the ambulance and was sitting there wondering who was hurt - I had blood all over me from a cut on my chin - of all things. But - I knew I was OK - I remembered the first accident - and knew I wasn't hurt - but have never really remembered the second bit.

I didn't realise I was the injured person until I was in the hospital bed.

The police guys were so apologetic. It was night and cold and they had asked me to sit down in the car to get out of the cold.