Rugby League General - International Rugby League News

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah well done to the Poms for overtaking the Kiwis. They did beat them 2 games to 1 in the series and finished higher than them at the World Cup, so it is deserved I guess. I am surprised Canada has really fallen. Jamaica have really improved! France are 6th but I reckon they'd lose against Samoa and PNG, and maybe even Lebanon.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
Rankings look about right to me. I think France may struggle to stay where they are, notwithstanding the number of SL players they have in their squad, there are a lot of hungry nations close behind them. I guess the Cook Islands don't get too many fixtures.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
England Academy completed a 2-0 series whitewash of Australia Schoolboys with an 18-6 win at Leeds last night, keeping the young Aussies scoreless in the second half for an excellent win, based on a dominant defensive display.

Reactions: ALX22

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
England Academy completed a 2-0 series whitewash of Australia Schoolboys with an 18-6 win at Leeds last night, keeping the young Aussies scoreless in the second half for an excellent win, based on a dominant defensive display.

That's good to see. How old are they - are they schoolkids too ?

Some good young guys in the Schools teams.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
Well they wouldn't be if they were 19. The Wigan lads play for the U19s. I assume, though I don't know for sure, that it's the same for the other lads.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Australia will play New Zealand in an end-of-season double-header at WIN Stadium in Wollongong on Friday October 25.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
The Lebanese Rugby League Federation has suspended 17 players, many of whom took part in the recent Test match against Fiji, following recent protests.

The players charged are: Adam Douehi, Toufic El Hajj, Michel El Tom, Ahmad Ellaz, Robbie Farah, Nick Kassis, Anthony Layoun, Michael Lichaa, Bilal Maarbani, Tim Mannah, Josh Mansour, Abbas Miski, Mitchel Moses, James Roumanos, Chris Saab, Ali Saad, George Yazbek.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/01/lebanese-rugby-league-federation-suspends-entire-team/

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
The Lebanese Rugby League Federation has suspended 17 players, many of whom took part in the recent Test match against Fiji, following recent protests.

The players charged are: Adam Douehi, Toufic El Hajj, Michel El Tom, Ahmad Ellaz, Robbie Farah, Nick Kassis, Anthony Layoun, Michael Lichaa, Bilal Maarbani, Tim Mannah, Josh Mansour, Abbas Miski, Mitchel Moses, James Roumanos, Chris Saab, Ali Saad, George Yazbek.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/01/lebanese-rugby-league-federation-suspends-entire-team/
Not sure Robbie will care now.

Reactions: ALX22

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
England Rugby League Elite Performance Squad
Luke Gale (Castleford Tigers); Jake Trueman (Castleford Tigers); Liam Watts (Castleford Tigers); Sam Tomkins (Catalans Dragons); Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants); Jake Connor (Hull FC); Jamie Shaul (Hull FC); Scott Taylor (Hull FC); Stevie Ward (Leeds Rhinos); Jonny Lomax (St Helens); Tommy Makinson (St Helens); Mark Percival (St Helens); James Roby (St Helens); Luke Thompson (St Helens); Alex Walmsley (St Helens); Tom Johnstone (Wakefield Trinity); Reece Lyne (Wakefield Trinity); Blake Austin (Warrington Wolves); Josh Charnley (Warrington Wolves); Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves); Ben Currie (Warrington Wolves); Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves); Jack Hughes (Warrington Wolves); Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves); Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors); Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors); George Williams (Wigan Warriors)

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/16/blake-austin-selected-in-england-elite-squad/