Rugby League GC Titans - News, New Signings and Rumours

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
It'll kill them in time - they'll have to let others go - you must balance the squad. They already pay the other big bloke a fortune.
Yeah David Fifita isn’t worth his 1.2mil and Tino isn’t worth 800 and odd k a year and then they wonder why they aren’t too successful!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
A bit of topic but lol that’s way overs they’re mad.

Having over 2.1mil in your cap invested in Fifita and Tino is poor cap management.

Tino has agreed to terms to a 3.3mil 4 year extension.

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
TINO TOUTED AS FUTURE SKIPPER

Star Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui has received the ultimate compliment from his teammate Jarrod Wallace.

Wallace, a 177-game veteran, believes the Queensland representative has the makings of a future captain.

It comes after Fa’asuamaleaui knocked back interest from the Dolphins to re-sign with the Titans until the end of 2026 on a deal understood to be worth $3.3 million ($825,000 per season).

Speaking on SEN, Wallace spoke glowingly of several of the Titans’ young guns, but particularly highlighted Fa’asuamaleaui’s potential.

It’s fantastic, guys like Tino (Fa’asuamaleaui), David (Fifita), young Mo Fotuaika, AJ Brimson and Toby Sexton, they’re the future of this club,” Wallace said.

“I think that’s a huge signing for the club, to get Tino for another four or five years.

“If he keeps going the way he’s going I think he’s definitely down the track a potential captain of the club.

“He’s a great guy off the field, he’s a great leader on the field as well.

“He still has plenty of things to learn, plenty of room to grow, which is to me exciting to be able to watch that happen.

“He’s a 21-year-old kid, he’s 115 kilos, he’s fast, he’s aggressive and he’s angry.

“I love playing next to him and he still has room to grow, I’m glad that they’ve locked him down, he’s a big one the club needed to keep.”