News Game 26 - New Zealand v England 20 - 18

TerryG

Voider of Warranties
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
thenzwarriorsonline.com
Issac Luke kicking the restart dead. :eek:

Kevin Locke's botched pass to Nightingale with five minutes to go was painful.

SBW knocks on with 2 minutes to go. England 18 - NZL 14.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, if its any consolation, and its not, we more than matched them. I think back to that conversion SInfield missed...

The very least NZ can do now is win the Cup :)

Reactions: TerryG

Muppet

Staff member
Apr 7, 2013
What a game of footy. One of the best i have seen in years. There's no doubt about it, pretty much nothing separates the top 3 Nations atm. Well played England, you were the better side for the majority of the match. I really hate losses like that. They are always the hardest to take, when you should have won, but somehow didn't. As for the Kiwi's, at least they never gave up and that was probably the difference in the end.

I thought Sam Burgess was immense in that game. He certainly deserved the MOTM. England really stood up and played some great football as a team.

One thing this game showed is how much we missed big Manu. He and Prichard must come back if fit. It also showed up the defensive weakness of Goodwin. He was caught out so many times. Either bring in Alex Glenn or move Mannering there in the final.

Other than that, was a good game to watch and edge of your seat stuff. Although the refereeing once again left a lot to be desired.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
England unlucky - but they gave the penalty and let the man run. You play to the final bell.

Penalties heavily favoured NZ as did run of play at the start of both halves.

English forwards looked good at times - but some silly penalties probably cost them the game - when its all boiled down.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Can't disagree with most of that. Been for a few beers with my son, who lives in London. Still gutted, though. :)

Come on you Kiwis in the Final!