Rugby League Four Nations - Rugby League

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
A little clarification please Bazza.
Barba was Pm and now has Demons?
What has a story ablout a 60 yr old fog story got to do with this unless they were playing footy but couldn't find the try line( a little like the Dragons who get lost on their way to the line a lot lately):banghead:

I was busy when I wrote that.
Ben Barba has demons.

The fog in London in the 50's, Winston Churchill was the Prime Minister then. Then they introduced in 1956 the clean air act in London. Churchill had gone by then.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I was busy when I wrote that.
Ben Barba has demons.

The fog in London in the 50's, Winston Churchill was the Prime Minister then. Then they introduced in 1956 the clean air act in London. Churchill had gone by then.
It looked like your typical London Sherlock Holmes or Jack the ripper pea souper. Not sure about a "clean air act" down here but we do need a "clean up Parliament" act with all the dead beats and Greenies in it.

As soon the "war" was over the Poms gave ol Winston the shaft (probably to appease all their commonwealth countries he was prepared to let the enemies have) but being used to power he then sat on the back benches for some years probably hoping for another war recall that never came.

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
As soon the "war" was over the Poms gave ol Winston the shaft (probably to appease all their commonwealth countries he was prepared to let the enemies have) but being used to power he then sat on the back benches for some years probably hoping for another war recall that never came.
You're wrong again...haha

Winston Churchill as PM

Born
30 November 1874, Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire

Died
24 January 1965, London

Dates in office
1951 to 1955, 1940 to 1945

Political party
Conservative

Major acts
Education Act 1944: raised the school leavers age to 14; introduction of the 11+.

Interesting facts
Churchill was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1953 for his many published works.

More information including archive footage can be found at the Churchill War Rooms.

Winston Churchill was an inspirational statesman, writer, orator and leader who led Britain to victory in the Second World War. He served as Conservative Prime Minister twice - from 1940 to 1945 (before being defeated in the 1945 general election by the Labour leader Clement Attlee) and from 1951 to 1955.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Come on Bazza.
He was leader 1940 to 1945
He was then dumped after ww11.
Then hung around the political scene as "opposition" leader until a short comeback as PM 1951 to 1955.
Like Krudd he couldn't give it away and still wanted the limelight.
He didn't however plot behind the scenes to lead the league of nations or the UN.
I would call sitting on the back bench from 1955 to 1964-65 as sticking around for some years
I am also right about him being an azzhole except maybe to a few Poms.
He didn't care a a rats about the commonwealth countries only his green and pleasant land

He was a member of the "conservative" party from 1900 to 1904 then spat the dummy and joined the "libs" also serving as an independent before re joining the conservatives about 1924
He had a poltical setback after supporting the Gallipoli fiasco , left politics for a short time and attended the wester front for a while.
He did two stints like Krudd as PM but a little longer in more seriously political times but did stick around as a back bencher for 10years

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga has confirmed his squad for the Four Nations match against England on Sunday.

After missing the victory over New Zealand, halfback Cooper Cronk, centre Josh Dugan and forward Tyson Frizell all return to the squad.

"The England team as always will be very strong and desperate at home so it will be great to welcome those players back," Meninga said.

Kangaroos squad to face England
1 Darius Boyd
2 Valentine Holmes
3 Greg Inglis
4 Josh Dugan
5 Blake Ferguson
6 Johnathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Aaron Woods
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Matt Gillett
13 Trent Merrin
14 David Klemmer
15 Michael Morgan
16 Tyson Frizell
17 Sam Thaiday
18 Shannon Boyd
19 Justin O'Neill

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
You watching it, SJ?

Nice sharp finish from Wigan lad Tierney, well-deserved.

On this form either England or the Aussies would beat NZ comfortably. They need to up their game in the second half. I expect they will.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
You watching it, SJ?

Nice sharp finish from Wigan lad Tierney, well-deserved.

On this form either England or the Aussies would beat NZ comfortably. They need to up their game in the second half. I expect they will.
Yes Moto. If Scots win - should we throw the England game ... ;) Unlucky not to get another try. Aussie Ref is pinging the NZers over their tactics.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Looks like it's p*ssing down. Apparently about 8 degrees - but we're told it feels like minus 8.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Interesting - if Scots win and England don't lose badly - or actually win ... they make the Final.