Opinion Forum Etiquette

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Just a short note on this.

I've noticed a few rather nasty posts in the Politics thread - where else ?

Members may remember we have lost a few Members because of this sort of nonsense. They told me they left because of the nasty comments.

Whether the poster thinks they are nasty - clever - or just funny - is irrelevant.

Could all Members PLEASE try to keep their political views in check. This is a sports forum first ! If necessary the Politics Thread will go. You can put all of this rubbish on Twitter.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular, BUT if you don't like what someone says - then use the IGNORE button. Simple !

I don't want to get into a discussion on it - ie a blame game - I'd just like it to stop. We have too few Members to lose more. You might notice we have a few members who don't post anymore - a good example is ALX who was a very valuable Member and helped me a lot.

Words can be as vicious/hurtful as actions. So lets try to stop the nonsense.

If you don't like something then ignore it rather than making the situation worse. We can all make silly/sarcastic comments. It takes a lot to behave rationally and put the Forum first.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Politics Thread:

After a few upsets on the Politics Thread and speaking with a few Members I have come up with the following suggestions - for comment.

1. There will be no name calling at all on the thread - ie nasty or otherwise. No copies will be kept. Penalty - post deleted.

2. Post will be kept short - with links to media - not reposts, copies or cut and paste. Preferable Members should actually give their view - not others. If anyone is interested they can go to the link. Penalty - post deleted.

3. Photos/jokes etc will be kept to a minimum - ie a maximum of 2 per post. Penalty - post deleted.

4. Members will be limited to two (2) posts on the thread per day. Penalty - post deleted.

5. Any nasty, trolling, crude or rude, posts will be deleted immediately.

6. We are a Sports Forum in the main. The Politics Thread is a privilege - not a right.

Abuse of these basic rules will see the Member suspended - after one warning.

Reactions: Southy