Opinion FOOD THREAD

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Chinese is always good - I prefer Thai - but often more expensive. I hate the sweet ones tho.

Vietnamese is about the best I think.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Chinese is always good - I prefer Thai - but often more expensive. I hate the sweet ones tho.

Vietnamese is about the best I think.
I like Thai food as well. When I go to a Thai restaurant, I often get coconut rice and BBQ marinated chicken.
If I go to a Vietnamese restaurant. I often get pepper steak and tomato rice with a fried egg on top.
Today I went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. I got Mongolian chicken with boiled rice. Very nice!
If I get Japanese, I would often get teriyaki chicken with boiled rice.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Having one of my favourite dishes tonight.

Penne and bolognaise sauce - onions, bacon, herbs - fresh Aussie prawns, chorizo, maybe some peas and brussels sprouts for greens in the mix. A good red to wash it all down. Quite easy in the Wok.

I've also found this nice cheese at Woolies with jalapenos in it. A bit of bite but nice on Vita Weats. Maybe some pickled onions as a side.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Did burgers last night. Got 2 "Italian" style patties from deli, then has bacon, lettuce, beetroot, tomato - ready; a little spicy aioli on the patties as they cooked, sauce of course, and the buns.

Had a side of Hashbrowns.

Very very nice.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Did burgers last night. Got 2 "Italian" style patties from deli, then has bacon, lettuce, beetroot, tomato - ready; a little spicy aioli on the patties as they cooked, sauce of course, and the buns.

Had a side of Hashbrowns.

Very very nice.
Burgers are nice and in winter so is CHEESEBURGER soup.
Almost choked on gluten free crumpets this morning so in the bin they went and regular toast held sway.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Burgers are nice and in winter so is CHEESEBURGER soup.
Almost choked on gluten free crumpets this morning so in the bin they went and regular toast held sway.
Yes - I like wholemeal muffins but got some wholemeal raisin toast and it was not that great.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I just eat 2 chops and 1 snag and 2 eggs (poached) and grilled tomato - usually I cook veg and some light meat but I had a hankering for meat..lol!