Opinion FOOD THREAD

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Its all on. Crackle is looking veeeery good.
crackling done right is great to munch on.
I think I may have mentioned once I went to St George Leagues club for roast pork lunch. Enjoyed the crackling so much I put some in a sleeve pocket of my jacket to give to the dogs at home and forgot about it.
A couple of years later going through the pockets in a clean out I found it and yes it was still tasty .:bawling:

The only issue with cooking it at home can be the mess it makes in the oven.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
crackling done right is great to munch on.
I think I may have mentioned once I went to St George Leagues club for roast pork lunch. Enjoyed the crackling so much I put some in a sleeve pocket of my jacket to give to the dogs at home and forgot about it.
A couple of years later going through the pockets in a clean out I found it and yes it was still tasty .:bawling:

The only issue with cooking it at home can be the mess it makes in the oven.

I do it in the Weber.

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Those jobs are beneath a lot of young aussies who would rather live on the Dole than work at necessary jobs and Labor running around calling for an INCREASE to it which provides no incentive to get a job.

I would think that a solution (apart from more islander workers who are happy to work for the money on offer) is to bring back a form of national service both military and civilian where school leavers have the choice of participating in a a land army work team for a period BEFORE they get the dole.

I was unfortunate to have to apply for the dole once or twice early in life and took the opportunity when the dole office actually gave out job cards to apply for work and took a job, any job until I could apply for one I really wanted.
I certainly didnt just turn up and say my only qualifications were fighting wild elephants with wet noodles to get taxpayer funding nor did the girls of the day get pregnant and live off the taxpayer either.
That said welfare is and can be a great support mechanism for those really in need of help but jobs are going begging because aussies do not seem to want to do them
greens 7.JPG

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Rest...better than food ;)

Attachments

• rest time (2).jpg
    rest time (2).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
tuna, tomato, onion and rice for me 😋
with tuna for me- tuna on bread with nothing. Usually, I get the tin tuna with chilli. Good lunch or smokey. each their own ..;) Goodnight fellas...I'm backing the bunnies big time. I will see the odds, probably 1.20 for the bunnies.