Opinion FOOD THREAD

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Been enjoying those large pork, pork-chops lately - on the Weber. The fat is almost a good crackle and the chops excellent. With mash, peas and carrots.
got a ham hock and the missus made Gabure soup. Thick and bloody tasty with a italian bread roll picked up from a vietnamese bread shop.
I have a young couple moved in next door and their rotty delights in growling or barking at me.
I called him and gave him some of the ham hock fatty skin and now.....I am his best friend lol.

Attachments

Reactions: S J

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
What is everyone having for breakfast this morning? I just had a couple of bananas and a glass of orange juice. 🍌:smug:🍌

View attachment 4001
My breakfasts vary quite a bit Rads. I tend to eat three different types of cereal (one is called Jordans and is great, as it contains oats), fruit, as well as yoghurt (either greek, or this other sort that has pro-biotics in it). I have a huge cereal bowl, so the only problem can be the amount of milk we go through. At times, I think it would be more economical to have a cow!

Occasionally, I will have poached or fried eggs on toast, with a snag or two, and some toast and jam. When I am away, I love the odd bit of bacon, eggs benedict or a ham and cheese omelette, not to mention croissants. Beaut.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
My breakfasts vary quite a bit Rads. I tend to eat three different types of cereal (one is called Jordans and is great, as it contains oats), fruit, as well as yoghurt (either greek, or this other sort that has pro-biotics in it). I have a huge cereal bowl, so the only problem can be the amount of milk we go through. At times, I think it would be more economical to have a cow!

Occasionally, I will have poached or fried eggs on toast, with a snag or two, and some toast and jam. When I am away, I love the odd bit of bacon, eggs benedict or a ham and cheese omelette, not to mention croissants. Beaut.
I love a banana. Generally not a lot tho - I always have a big coffee - half a cup of milk.

My favourite milk is Paul's Light. The only light that tastes like normal milk to me.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I am heading out to a very well known bakery in the Hills District on Saturday morning. Not sure what I will have yet, but one of their specialties is the beef and burgundy pie apparently, so I am looking forward to possibly trying that, for starters!

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I am heading out to a very well known bakery in the Hills District on Saturday morning. Not sure what I will have yet, but one of their specialties is the beef and burgundy pie apparently, so I am looking forward to possibly trying that, for starters!
There is a pie shop at Oatley that makes a plethora of different pies. I settled for beef and mushroom ..a little basic but very good.
Mongolian beef was another option,
You could eat a pie there every day for a month and not have the same one twice.

Last nights repast was Gabure soup and a thick bread roll