Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Finals Week 3 - Rabbits v Roosters - Saturday 7.40pm - Allianz Stadium (SFS)

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by RADICAL RABBIT, Sep 16, 2018.

1. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

Bring it on!

2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

3. Redfern Express

Redfern Express Active Member

We've got some battered boys but Angus should be over this flu that he's had for 2 weeks.Sam is still carrying an injury and is not the Sam of 2014 . Murrays been a standout and if we win the GF I'd be tipping him for the Clive Churchill medal.
    Campbell Graham needs to get a bloody good brand of glue and coat his jersey with it. Two weeks in a row he's had the ball stripped from him. They'll be going at him again for sure.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Rabbits 21 and callmack1 like this.
  4. RADICAL RABBIT

5. RADICAL RABBIT

I reckon he can provide more impact if he has a rest during the game. Say he came off around the 30th minute (replaced by Murray) and comes back on around the 50th minute replacing Sutton (but Sam could move back to lock and Murray to left second row). This way Sam gets around 60 mins, Sutto gets around 50 mins, Murray gets around 50 mins. The twins could play 2 stints of around 25 mins, meaning they get around 50 mins each. Clark and Britt (or whoever the 2 props on the interchange are) would get around 30 mins each. It just seems better use of our interchange, and Sam and Sutto wouldn't be burnt out - at times Sutto looks a bit slow/tired in defense and I think he'd do better if he wasn't playing so many minutes every game. I see Hymel Hunt as a decent utility player on the interchange who can cover wing, centre, back row if there is an injury during the game.

6. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what happens I’m so proud of the boys and everyone involved with our club for us getting this far.

My old man will be getting the tickets tomorrow morning!

I just worry with the ongoing sexting scandal investigations and how that will affect us mentally more than anything plus the Rorters will have rested fresh legs.

When there is life though there is hope!

I haven’t given up yet but it’s sure an uphill battle!

As I said I’m so proud of how far we’ve come this year!

All I ask now is they give all they’ve got and we complete our sets highly and let’s just see what happens. If we are going down let’s make sure it’s in a fighting manner so to speak...

RADICAL RABBIT and callmack1 like this.
  7. Rabbits 21

Murray won’t play on an edge I can tell you that.

8. Rabbits 21

callmack1 and RADICAL RABBIT like this.
  9. RADICAL RABBIT

I bet you got fired up watching that R21! :)

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  10. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

Oh man words just cannot describe how much I'm looking forward to this. Our biggest game since the 2014 Grand Final for sure and it's against our bitter rivals that we couldn't hate more if we tried, it should be a cracker!!!

Like Fish said, even just getting to the Prelims is an amazing achievement but we don't want to fall short, we want to go all the way!!

This is gonna be a bloody tough game too, our toughest of the year so far. The Roosters have had the week off so they have a big advantage already. I know our boys can do it though!!!!

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  11. S J

Chooks have to be favourites - even without Mitchell. But - Souths can do it if they get going. Especially in the forwards. Nappa is still missing and I reckon that's their weak spot.

callmack1 and RADICAL RABBIT like this.
  12. Rabbits 21

I got tickets and great ones too..

callmack1, RADICAL RABBIT and S J like this.
  13. Rabbits 21

This will be absolutely massive!

callmack1, RADICAL RABBIT and S J like this.
  14. S J

Hope its a great day/night !

Rabbits 21 and RADICAL RABBIT like this.
  15. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

There's supposed to be some announcement shortly re the sexting..........may be very bad news.

16. RADICAL RABBIT

Well he does play second row sometimes and he'll probably play starting second row next year. He is the perfect replacement for Crichton when he goes to the Roosters.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  17. RADICAL RABBIT

18. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

Huge bro! They reckon it's gonna be a sell out!!

Rabbits 21 and RADICAL RABBIT like this.
  19. RADICAL RABBIT

there is a big mistake in the first paragraph! lol

Allianz Stadium's epic finale to continue crowds conundrum
    Brad Walter - Senior Reporter
    Mon 17 Sep 2018, 12:47 PM

The closest premiership race on record has led to the tightest finals contest in NRL history, and this Saturday night Allianz Stadium is expected to post its biggest attendance when Sydney Roosters and South Sydney meet in a grand final qualifier for the first time in their 110-year rivalry.

As the bulldozers are prepared to start demolition work on the 30-year-old venue, the Roosters and Rabbitohs are expected to exceed the NRL's Allianz Stadium record of 41,620 for the St George Illawarra-Wests Tigers preliminary final in 2005.

With Allianz Stadium now boasting a 45,000 capacity, the game could also better the biggest rugby league attendance of 42,482 for the 1997 ARL grand final between Manly and Newcastle.

The anticipated sellout contrasts with the 19,211 crowd for last Friday night's semi-final between Cronulla and Penrith at the same venue. That match left many asking after the Sharks gripping 21-20- win why there hadn't more fans in attendance.

The match was one of three 2018 finals games decided by a field goal – equalling the record for one point results from the 2014 finals and bettering the 1946, 1948, 1969, 1978, 1994 and 2015 play-offs, which each had two matches with one point margins.

However, the attendance was the second lowest for a finals match between two Sydney teams since the NRL scrapped the policy of allowing teams hosting play-offs at suburban venues in 2011, with only last year's Manly-Penrith clash at Allianz Stadium (15,408) drawing a smaller crowd.

The fact that the Sea Eagles, Panthers and Sharks also dominate the list of lowest crowd figures for finals matches at Allianz Stadium and ANZ Stadium against non-Sydney teams highlights the challenges faced by clubs on the edges of Australia's largest city.

Cronulla and Penrith are Sydney's newest stand-alone clubs - having been admitted to the competition in 1967 - and many fans who live in those areas grew up supporting more established teams favoured by their families, or have moved there and taken their allegiances with them.

Ticketing and membership data suggests the Rabbitohs are one of the best-supported clubs – if not No.1 - in western Sydney, while St George Illawarra also have a broadly-spread fan base.

This was backed up by the results of NRL.com's recent fan poll, in which respondents were asked to nominate the club they supported and the Rabbitohs, Dragons and Roosters finished behind only Brisbane and the Warriors.

An NRL supporter ladder compiled by Roy Morgan Research Institute and published last weekend ranked Brisbane No.1, ahead of Melbourne, North Queensland, Wests Tigers, Parramatta, Souths, Canterbury and the Dragons.

The Broncos are also Australia's most watched sporting team, with Fairfax Media reporting last week that the club attracted a cumulative audience of more than 18 million for their regular season matches this year.

The Cowboys were the NRL's second most-watched team, with a cumulative audience of almost 15 million, while the Roosters (14.3m) were No.1 among Sydney's nine clubs.

The absence of a Queensland team in the last six sides in the play-offs explains a decline in television ratings as viewer numbers in Brisbane were down 45 per cent last weekend compared to the 2017 semi-finals.

With crowds of 17,168 at ANZ Stadium for the Panthers-Warriors elimination final and 17,306 at AAMI Park for the Storm-Rabbitohs qualifying final, play-off crowds are also down but across the season attendances were up 3.8per cent to an average of 15,675.

The Warriors (18,999), Knights (18,974), Rabbitohs (17,574), Tigers (17,291), Dragons (16,606) were the clubs to experience the largest growth.

Penrith's average home attendances of 14,196 were the club's best since 2004 when they attracted average crowds of 17,263 on the back of the previous year's premiership success but they have been relatively steady for the past decade.

Cronulla's average home attendance of 12,700 was down on their 14,579 average in 2016, when the Sharks won their first title, but is also in keeping with crowd figures at Southern Cross Group Stadium since 2009.

While the Panthers bought 19 busloads of supporters to Allianz Stadium last Friday night, it was hardly a surprise that two clubs with a combined average attendances of 27,181 drew a crowd of less than 20,000 as fans of both clubs needed to travel long distances across Sydney in peak hour traffic.

While some argue that a return to the NRL's pre-2011 policy of allowing Sydney clubs to host some play-off matches at their home grounds would look better on television, the reality is that no finals game played at a suburban venue between 1998 and 2010 ever drew a crowd of 20,000.

However, the opening of the new Western Sydney Stadium next season is expected to provide the NRL with an ideal venue for hosting finals matches such as last Friday night's Sharks-Panthers clash or games featuring out-of-town teams.

Wests Tigers have announced that they will play four home matches at the 30,000 seat stadium in Parramatta from next season and other clubs are expected to follow suit.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/17...ium-finale-continues-finals-crowds-conundrum/

callmack1 likes this.
  20. Rabbits 21

Nope I’d see Sam moving to back row not Murray.