ESL ESL St Helens - General News - Gossip etc

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Yeah I don't think I'll bother clicking on the finger link...

That black and white photo is quite an iconic picture here. Do you guys not recognise the protagonists? Perhaps they are not well known in Australia. It's a young Paul Gascoigne and Vinnie Jones, later of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and so on.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Yeah I don't think I'll bother clicking on the finger link...

That black and white photo is quite an iconic picture here. Do you guys not recognise the protagonists? Perhaps they are not well known in Australia. It's a young Paul Gascoigne and Vinnie Jones, later of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, and so on.
I use to like the 2 Ronnies stanleyg stanleyg

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Tommy Makinson has been banned for five games after pleading guilty to a low grab on Castleford Tigers prop Liam Watts.

The 28-year-old has also been fined £500, but his "other contrary behaviour" charge was downgraded by a disciplinary panel from Grade F, the most serious, to Grade E.

The England player will be unavailable for selection until early October.

Saints won the Super League encounter with Tigers 10-0 on Sunday.

Makinson's previous good disciplinary record was taken into account at the tribunal.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
One non-playing member of staff at St Helens has tested positive for Covid-19 in Super League's latest testing round.

Last week, 12 players and staff from Hull FC tested positive leading to their next two games being postponed.

Saints have cancelled Wednesday's planned training session as a result of the test.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
St Helens (8) 21
Tries: Grace, Welsby, Walmsley Goals: Coote 4 Drop-goal: Fages
Hull KR (6) 20
Try: Hadley, Kenny-Dowall, Ryan Goals: Dagger 4

Theo Fages' drop-goal sent St Helens back to the top of Super League with a golden-point extra-time win against Hull Kingston Rovers.
Regan Grace's try put Saints 8-6 up at half-time after Dean Hadley's opener.

Both sides then traded tries with Jack Welsby and Alex Walmsley going over for Saints and Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Ethan Ryan scoring for Rovers.

A William Dagger penalty sent the game to extra time, only for Fages' kick to win it while Saints were a man down.