Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
_98219433_sw18_bradford_v_featherstone.jpg

Bradford Bulls have gone unbeaten all season

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Moto - was the win by Leeds such a shock ?

Not quite Cows over Melbourne but surely they were well in it ?

moto748

Well Done Member
Sep 13, 2013
Not to me, no. I think the bookies made Cas narrow favourites, but not sure they adjusted their odds in time after it became clear Zak Hardaker was banned (There was an official announcement from the Castleford club this morning.).

That, and the wet weather, certainly tipped Leeds into being favourites for me.

A classic case of the 'form' side, who'd never been in a GF in their lives, against a Leeds side who've been there and got the tee-shirt (I think they have more GF wins than anyone now).

Reactions: S J

moto748

Well Done Member
Sep 13, 2013
Have you watched the game, SJ?

Leeds did the basics well enough, and Cas just dropped too much ball to give themselves a chance. And Hardaker is a much better full-back than Greg Eden.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Have you watched the game, SJ?

Leeds did the basics well enough, and Cas just dropped too much ball to give themselves a chance. And Hardaker is a much better full-back than Greg Eden.

Not the whole game. Taped it so will watch fully when we get back home. Still away - staying at my sons place. I read a few reports too.

It was a brave move to drop Hardaker.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Men of Gwent almost pull of another thrilling Kingston Park upset
6944678.jpg

DEFEAT: Dragons players reflect on a 32-27 loss at Newcastle. Picture: Huw Evans Agency

A 2nd half resurgence from the Dragons was only enough to secure a losing bonus point in their European Challenge Cup opener against Newcastle Falcons, going down 32-27 at Kingston Park.

Angus O’Brien’s lethal kicking ability shone throughout the match as the visitors scored three times off the back of kicks.

The hosts started stronger and made the first breakthrough. A few clever passes from fly-half Joel Hodgson brought the Falcons inches from the Dragons line.

A quick pick and go from hooker Rob Vickers smuggled the ball over for the try on 13 minutes, Toby Flood adding the extras.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Super League will be shown live on free-to-air television for the first time in the competition's 26-year history in 2022.

The two-year deal with Channel 4 will allow the broadcaster to show 10 live games each season.

Eight-time Champions Leeds Rhinos host Warrington Wolves on Saturday, 12 February in the first of those matches.

The remaining nine games will be spread across the season and will include two end-of-season play-off fixtures.

Sky Sports, who have held the television rights to the competition since its inception, will continue to show 66 matches a season including the Magic Weekend and the Grand Final.

Super League chairman Ken Davy said: "The opportunity to offer live Super League action to fans on a free-to-air platform across the whole season is fantastic and one that we hope will continue to serve our current fans, as well as attract many new fans to the sport."

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Betfred Super League Magic Weekend
Venue: St James' Park, Newcastle Date: 9-10 July, 2022

Super League's Magic Weekend will be held at Newcastle United's St James' Park over the weekend of 9-10 July next season, it has been confirmed.

The event has been held at the stadium for five of the last seven years, with Liverpool's Anfield hosting in 2019 and no event in 2020 because of Covid-19.

There will be three derbies with St Helens versus Wigan, Leeds against Castleford and Hull KR versus Hull FC.

"We're delighted to be returning," said chief commercial officer Rhodri Jones.

"It was great to be back in Newcastle in 2021, and even more so with fans back in the stadium.

"I look forward to seeing the stadium, fan zone and city brimming with rugby league fans again next year."

Fixtures​

Saturday, 9 July

Wakefield Trinity v Toulouse Olympique (14:30 BST)

St Helens v Wigan Warriors (16:45 BST)

Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (19:00 BST)

Sunday, 10 July

Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils (13:00 BST)

Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves (15:15 BST)

Archie

Knowledgeable Member
Jul 30, 2017
Joey Leilua will look to reignite his rugby league career in the English second division after signing with Championship side Featherstone Rovers.