Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

England Four Nations Team

Discussion in 'Great Britian Lions / England' started by Mr. Sharky, Jun 17, 2014.

1. moto748

moto748 Well-Known Member

Goal-kicker is a poser, though. I just don't think Matty Smith's goal-kicking is quite good enough. He is not a natural kicker, but has been press-ganged into the role for Wigan after Pat Richards left (at one time, Josh Charnley was #2 kicker at Wigan, but he doesn't seem to kick any more). He has worked hard at it, and is better than at the start of the season, but is only kicking at 70% success. I don't think that's really good enough (I do like him as a half in general play, though). For comparison:

Sneyd: 77%
    Brough: 76%
    Sinfield: 78%

Saying all that, I haven't checked, but I don't think Cam Smith's goal-kicking record is all that this season. Who is the Kiwi's kicker?

2. moto748

Also, very pleased to read that the Kiwis will be here next year. Looking forward to some terrific encounters; after all, what a thriller that World Cup semi-final was!

Needless to say, I shall be there. :D

3. Northern_Union

Northern_Union Forum fool

The Kiwis are playing the English in Dunedin under the roof in 2 months. Tickets for myself and wife already brought. Can't wait for the test!

moto748 likes this.
  4. moto748

Under the roof? I hope the pitch won't be sticky. I'll certainly be seeing the Kiwis in England next year.

England/NZ was the game of the tournament in the World Cup, I reckon.

Northern_Union likes this.
  5. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Probably - not quite Oz standard - but good ... ;)

6. moto748

Last games I saw, Mount Smart compared to the DW Stadium in Wigan was like a cabbage patch to a bowling green... :p

7. Northern_Union

Northern_Union Forum fool

Been to Colonial stadium in Melbourne, been to Dunedins stadium a few times now. Dunedins stadium shits on the Melbourne one ;) Also, this will be the southern most league test played for more than 80 years. History....We'll be there! :)