Opinion Elections 2019

southsport

May 20, 2013
Dick Smith Fair Go

11 Feb. at 9:38 am

Dear Dick Smith Fair Go supporter
Dick Smith's advertisement about Australia's population growth and the current Murray Darling River crisis.

Here is my latest advertising campaign. It’s running in all major newspapers this week, and it calls for journalists to start reporting the facts. We need stories published that discuss that fact that the Murray Darling River crisis is a direct result of Australia’s staggering population – which is continuing to grow and grow.

View the advertisement here

Please share the ad with everyone you know. Let’s see if any of our journalists will actually expose the truth.

There is power in numbers, so please ‘like’ and ‘follow’ our Facebook page,share with your friends, family and colleagues. Sign up to become a Dick Smith Fair Go Supporter or help contribute to the cause – I will match all contributions from my own pocket.

Regards
Dick Smith

Now over 55,000 supporters of Dick Smith Fair Go!

Last edited by a moderator:

southsport

May 20, 2013
Right Click to Display Images

Clifford Hayes' first speech
Clifford Hayes' first speech to the Victorian Parliament yesterday was honest, courageous and powerful.
If you missed it live, watch it here on Facebook or YouTube.

NSW election volunteering
Do you live in NSW? Have you volunteered to help out in the NSW election? Apart from our NSW membership of nearly 1500, we are asking all other members (and supporters) to help...
Do you live near NSW in the ACT, Queensland or Victoria? Can you come from Brisbane to (say) Tweed Heads? Or from Melbourne to Albury? Or from Lakes Entrance to Eden? Please volunteer in Northern or Southern NSW on March 23.
We're aiming to get over 500 people at polling places from 8am-1pm. Our analysis shows that our vote nearly doubles when we staff a polling place. This will be the difference between winning and missing out on an Upper House seat.
Please volunteer here today so we can organise t-shirts, caps, and polling place locations well in advance.
Use the Contact Us link below if you have any questions.
Kind regards
William

William Bourke
President
Sustainable Australia Logo
Join

southsport

May 20, 2013
Are the Liberals God? Both sides are dreadful and you're a poss-on child...get over yourself and you have to get use to 3-6ys of Labor in May. Sometimes I have to deal with idiots of sites, but here - :arghh:
Labour would be a disaster! :(

Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Are the Liberals God? Both sides are dreadful and you're a poss-on child...get over yourself and you have to get use to 3-6ys of Labor in May. Sometimes I have to deal with idiots of sites, but here - :arghh:
Don't bring religion into it Bazza.
Last time I looked all Politicians are shifty and far from being Gods although some may think they are God Like the way they are happy to waste the taxpayers money.....like Labor and even the Liberals with their unholy haste to embrace the Greens with their whacky solar and wind generation.
It may be good for domestic use but are far from being technologically reliable to power commercial power grids.
If anyone needs to get over themselves Bazza….its you.
When it comes to dealing with idiots I have a non argument policy because they just drag me down to their level and then beat me with experience.

southsport

May 20, 2013
The reason I created this thread is because Liberal/Labour/Greens will not discuss major issues that are overcrowding our cities and they are destroying them with inappropriate high-rise development.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The reason I created this thread is because Liberal/Labour/Greens will not discuss major issues that are overcrowding our cities and they are destroying them with inappropriate high-rise development.
it may or may not be "appropriate" but Sydney was an unplanned city with urban sprawl following land contours.
Everyone wants to live in the city or close to the beaches so high rise is the result and only answer.
Those that cant afford 1/4acre blocks which was the norm in the suburbs still want to live close to transport so they can get to the city.
Both the Libs and Labor have tried to accommodate this with high density housing designated along major transport routes be they rail or road hence High rise.

My only issue with this is...
Councils keep jacking up rates for people who already live in these areas against "Valuer general" notices based on high density housing value. This makes it harder for those that already live there to stay there so in fact are being "forced" out by land value and rate increases.
The other issue is Councils setting height and density limits. Builder/developers are constantly seeking height/density increases to boost their income per sq metre.
They finally agree to a "compromise" increase but then go back to land and environment or even Council for another height or density increase which is more often than not granted. Of course some of this rushed developments are starting to develop faults which is another argument for lees height and increased building compliance checks.
Councils on the other hand see it as more rate payers....more money.
You will of course always have the NIMBYS who don't want any development at no matter how high or not it is.
The bottom line is we have and are still building on what was our most fertile farm land

southsport

May 20, 2013
it may or may not be "appropriate" but Sydney was an unplanned city with urban sprawl following land contours.
Everyone wants to live in the city or close to the beaches so high rise is the result and only answer.
Those that cant afford 1/4acre blocks which was the norm in the suburbs still want to live close to transport so they can get to the city.
Both the Libs and Labor have tried to accommodate this with high density housing designated along major transport routes be they rail or road hence High rise.

My only issue with this is...
Councils keep jacking up rates for people who already live in these areas against "Valuer general" notices based on high density housing value. This makes it harder for those that already live there to stay there so in fact are being "forced" out by land value and rate increases.
The other issue is Councils setting height and density limits. Builder/developers are constantly seeking height/density increases to boost their income per sq metre.
They finally agree to a "compromise" increase but then go back to land and environment or even Council for another height or density increase which is more often than not granted. Of course some of this rushed developments are starting to develop faults which is another argument for lees height and increased building compliance checks.
Councils on the other hand see it as more rate payers....more money.
You will of course always have the NIMBYS who don't want any development at no matter how high or not it is.
The bottom line is we have and are still building on what was our most fertile farm land
I don't agree with high-rise being the only answer, greatly reduced immigration intake is a better answer.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I don't agree with high-rise being the only answer, greatly reduced immigration intake is a better answer.
Get rid of the poms in WA. .years ago and those f'n poms who get a double pension! This is shithouse on my mobile the new Fucking forum. It's like when I did speech therapy. .hopefully you never paid 2 much?

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
QLD Liberal government spent a bit during Newman's year's in power.

I think all politicians should have a credit card that we the public know what they spend on. Only fair right?

southsport

May 20, 2013
Get rid of the poms in WA. .years ago and those f'n poms who get a double pension! This is shithouse on my mobile the new Fucking forum. It's like when I did speech therapy. .hopefully you never paid 2 much?
Plenty of room in WA for poms or anyone else.

southsport

May 20, 2013
QLD Liberal government spent a bit during Newman's year's in power.

I think all politicians should have a credit card that we the public know what they spend on. Only fair right?
Cattle farmers in NQ need a bit of help now, poor buggers really copped it.

Reactions: ALX22

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
reducing immigration is one part of the answer BUT the numbers we do take legally plus general population growth from people that are already here want to live in the Big cities. Sure you could pop them out at Wilcannia or Yass BUT you cant blame immigrants for wanting to be people of similar or the same culture so most would travel back to the cities. Immigration in itself is not the problem but bringing people in before you have the infrastructure to accommodate them is.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Plenty of room in WA for poms or anyone else.
Bazza there are a lot of Paddies in WA now too. WA Cops even recruited a lot from the Guardia.
Trouble with WA Southport is ….apart from Perth they don't have enough infrastructure either.
They still have plenty of land that isn't much good for anything except building on so High rise wont happen there like in Sydney.

southsport

May 20, 2013
reducing immigration is one part of the answer BUT the numbers we do take legally plus general population growth from people that are already here want to live in the Big cities. Sure you could pop them out at Wilcannia or Yass BUT you cant blame immigrants for wanting to be people of similar or the same culture so most would travel back to the cities. Immigration in itself is not the problem but bringing people in before you have the infrastructure to accommodate them is.
Doesn't matter what infrastructure we build there's still to much congestion now, let's not make it worse.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
It's very simple really - new arrivals - skilled (Drs, Engineers, Water management etc) or not skilled (just basic English) -manual labour not like the USA - Award wages. Infrastructure country towns - mainly Libs and Labour get skills labour from overseas working in the cities...I've seen it for years. The backpackers that is a different story - packers and pickers. Most of the time, they are stoned! lol!
IIn the 60's and even the 70''s they did that and even years ago working with quite a few of them, they couldn't speak English - but they worked, Muslims work - Where come from ----hahahaha - no dole there fuckers! lol! It doesn't matter the religious belief really because some members here they will blow up Sydney or Melbourne - many years ago - Lakemba I lived there and it was rare seeing a white fella but cheap feed and no hassles really.
New visa people with there kids - you have to work in a country town (which the Federal Government) has planned for huge development. Dam, hydrogen cars or even making easier for graziers implementing substantial growth.
Both sides are more concerned with the polls and the Nationals.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Turnbull has lots to answer for the damage he’s caused. Can Morrison make a miraculous comeback. I dunno if he can save the mess! I think Labor will get in!

If Labor gets in the boats will be coming in quicker than I can blink whilst we are neglecting our own in rural areas and our own Aussie homeless people!

Labor if they get in will keep running this country into the ground and burning money as we plunge further into debt!