Opinion Cricket - News and Views - Men and Women

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Well we won the 3rd ODI coming from well behind 5 down for not many and Carey and Maxwell got centuries. We won the series 2-1, always great to beat the Poms.
Yes, I was happy to see that result! We lost the 20/20 series 2-1, but winning that last match kept us as the number 1 ranked 20/20 nation on the planet! 🏏🇦🇺

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018

Terrible news.
I just heard it on Fox League! :-(

I'm not saying this because he passed away but he is one of the best one-day batsman I have ever watched. He was so good in the middle order (saved Australia's arse so many times) and was good in the field. He could bowl some spin too. I can't believe he was 59 years old when he passed. Time goes fast!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
59 - hard to believe - in India.
My Dad is very sad he’s always been a big Dean Jones fan.

Growing up when I played that test match cricket game with Dad and we made our own teams up he would always have Dean Jones as one of the first players he picked in his team.

Reactions: S J

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
I just heard it on Fox League! :-(

I'm not saying this because he passed away but he is one of the best one-day batsman I have ever watched. He was so good in the middle order (saved Australia's arse so many times) and was good in the field. He could bowl some spin too. I can't believe he was 59 years old when he passed. Time goes fast!
I just realised that I was thinking of the wrong player. When they said Dean Jones, for some reason I thought of Michael Bevan! I must be tired! :facepalm:

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
My Dad is very sad he’s always been a big Dean Jones fan.

Growing up when I played that test match cricket game with Dad and we made our own teams up he would always have Dean Jones as one of the first players he picked in his team.
Do you mean the board game Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 (with the two levers) - or the one where you set the field and use a little ball ?

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
D Jones ...legend.
You always knew if you needed a big hitter Jonesy was the man in the day.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Yes the batsman and bowler and the figurine fielders yep and the little silver ball...... and the felt like field/pitch.
Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 Ahh - not "Test Match" - ask your Dad ... :)

"Test Match" was a great game for one person. I remember playing it when I was sick or just alone.

You still see it about or on eBay.

It was a lot of fun. Two levers - score board. The one you mean came out much later.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 Ahh - not "Test Match" - ask your Dad ... :)

"Test Match" was a great game for one person. I remember playing it when I was sick or just alone.

You still see it about or on eBay.

It was a lot of fun. Two levers - score board. The one you mean came out much later.
Have you got a photo of it or link?

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I think they’re playing the Sheffield Shield all in Adelaide, lots of centuries have been happening.

Marnus
Weatherald
S. Marsh
Agar
Inglis
Doran
Paine
Henriques
Whiteman
Green

Reactions: Archie