Opinion Computers - How they Work - Speeds etc !

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Not sure if I asked this - but is anyone using the new search engine Duckduckgo ?

it seems OK and doesn't keep records on you.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Not sure if people do this - but - if you are having trouble with your wifi - or pc - speed etc etc - try a reboot.

A simple process. Turn it ALL off at the power point- by ALL - I mean the whole kit and caboodle ! Let it settle for 5-10 minutes. Then turn on. You may be surprised at the result. The modem will reboot as will the rest. Most people generally never turn their systems off completely - at the plug.

If you have iPhones, iPads etc - connected by wifi - turn them off too - at the same time.

Not only may it help your system - you will also have 10 minutes of bliss - quiet.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Anyone getting odd results for PC - mine can be all over the place some days.

Ookla: 5 / 31 / 1.5

Telstra: 5 / 32 / N/a

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
@Rabbits 21 @Bazza @RADICAL RABBIT

Does anyone use an iPad on here ?

Have you ever had email issues on the iPad - especially with the latest download ?
I use an IPAD pro 10.5 I think it is.

What’s the latest download?

Just in general with general emails I have to send I have no issues.

I use the home wifi which is Telstra.

I haven’t yet updated my IPAD to the next IOS

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
iPad still not working right for my wife. It just won't let emails go !

It has a good wifi reception and can access net - but emails cause trouble !

Strange. she has 13 I think.

She gets good speed and the rest. we have Telstra too. BUT - the strange thing - it works OK in Brisbane using Telstra.

Maybe the "cloud" is blocking our wifi for some reason ?

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
iPad still not working right for my wife. It just won't let emails go !

It has a good wifi reception and can access net - but emails cause trouble !

Strange. she has 13 I think.

She gets good speed and the rest. we have Telstra too. BUT - the strange thing - it works OK in Brisbane using Telstra.

Maybe the "cloud" is blocking our wifi for some reason ?
Mine lets emails go but it can take 7-8 mins to send

Reactions: S J

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
@Rabbits 21 @Bazza @RADICAL RABBIT

Does anyone use an iPad on here ?

Have you ever had email issues on the iPad - especially with the latest download ?
I use iphone (mobile) Ipad and home laptop. At home when it's working :rolleyes: NBN 45mbps working iphone and it is depended on the area. Usually poor 3G but it should be 4G. Telstra are spastics.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I use iphone (mobile) Ipad and home laptop. At home when it's working :rolleyes: NBN 45mbps working iphone and it is depended on the area. Usually poor 3G but it should be 4G. Telstra are spastics.
I test the wifi - speed, d/load etc - all great. Why does it do it here and not elsewhere. Have they got a button to slow it all down.

The guy suggested she get cellular - ie buy a package and not use our wifi. They just want money.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I test the wifi - speed, d/load etc - all great. Why does it do it here and not elsewhere. Have they got a button to slow it all down.

The guy suggested she get cellular - ie buy a package and not use our wifi. They just want money.
everything is wi-fi with me as my programs - netflix, prime, stan and foxtel is combined to Telstra and it links to the NBN. Even SBS - it;s a smart TV Samsung - then you can use it on a small remote. 5 Months ago a NBN fella he fixed the connection points - inside and outside the home. It's not my home which has the fault, it'a the idiots who install the NBN and Telstra my Mobile when I'm working - different suburbs - 80% it's poor - then you have to go to 3G. Even though Telstra thinks 4G is capable with my suburbs - they're full of BS!

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
All - ALL - our trouble started when my wife spoke to an Apple bloke and had something changed. Since then it has never worked properly.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
All - ALL - our trouble started when my wife spoke to an Apple bloke and had something changed. Since then it has never worked properly.
Will Apple you can change the settings and also - BIG - you have to update when it says. Because they're fixing the bugs in the system.

Reactions: S J