Opinion Computers - How they Work - Speeds etc !

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I mainly use my PC - desk variety. Unlimited download etc.

I still use a land line - free calls to all phones - including mobiles. It all comes via Telstra Velocity - Foxtel, computer, FTA, Landline, mobiles etc.

I have a mobile phone - cost $7 from Telstra - which I use with a prepaid set-up - linked to Telstra Velocity. My plan costs me about $5 per month but I generally roll it over as I don't use it all.

My wife has the latest iPhone from Apple - linked to Velocity.

I do have a spare laptop for holidays etc.

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I mainly use my PC - desk variety. Unlimited download etc.

I still use a land line - free calls to all phones - including mobiles. It all comes via Telstra Velocity - Foxtel, computer, FTA, Landline, mobiles etc.

I have a mobile phone - cost $7 from Telstra - which I use with a prepaid set-up - linked to Telstra Velocity. My plan costs me about $5 per month but I generally roll it over as I don't use it all.

My wife has the latest iPhone from Apple - linked to Velocity.

I do have a spare laptop for holidays etc.
How much do you pay all up for internet, landline and mobile?

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
How much do you pay all up for internet, landline and mobile?

I'd have to work it out - Foxtel's in there too. My wife's mobile is in it - and she's buying the phone over the contract length. Seemed a good idea - rather than paying out so much in one go.

I think - without Foxtel - including landline, wife's mobile package (calls/net etc), Internet, it must be just over $100 a month ? But that does include the payment to buy her phone. :)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I'd have to work it out - Foxtel's in there too. My wife's mobile is in it - and she's buying the phone over the contract length. Seemed a good idea - rather than paying out so much in one go.

I think - without Foxtel - including landline, wife's mobile package (calls/net etc), Internet, it must be just over $100 a month ? But that does include the payment to buy her phone. :)

Bit like working out the electricity bill ... :)

Reactions: Southy

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville

We're with TPG for internet and home phone landline, $70 there, my phone plan will be $15 with numobile but my missus does her own thing and we buy our own phones.

wilco

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
My NBN through smart TV - Fox, prime, Netflix, stan, SBS one demand, youtube, Spotify, and free view. With my iPhone iTunes. All up $140 and month. The expensive part - Fox, Netflix, and my mobile. prime $6 SBS free youtube free, Spotify free - I have 1 month to go. iTunes - $12 - download any song and album...it takes 32 gigs ...I can put that on a removable hard drive - NO :) Wilco - you transfer it to iTunes of you're Laptop. :) I...t. ..I have done that regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: S J and TerryGaines

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
My NBN through smart TV - Fox, prime, Netflix, stan, SBS one demand, youtube, Spotify, and free view. With my iPhone iTunes. All up $140 and month. The expensive part - Fox, Netflix, and my mobile. prime $6 SBS free youtube free, Spotify free - I have 1 month to go. iTunes - $12 - download any song and album...it takes 32 gigs ...I can put that on a removable hard drive - NO :) Wilco - you transfer it to iTunes of you're Laptop. :) I...t. ..I have done that regularly.

What is your Fox package ?