Opinion Computers - How they Work - Speeds etc !

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
It aint a computer problem. I have a Samsung TV - very high technical. With expandable arms - anyway I slowing moved it back to the wall but the antenna outpoint broke. It maybe the antenna slot or..the tongue and a small lip crap (it's different then most) . Tomorrow I'll go to JB-HI but I hope it isn't ....ed in the TV - antenna outpoint. It will take a few days to get a guy. I;m paying $2to400 clean it.
At least I can watch Fox, Netflix - if the NBN works! hahahahahahahahahaahah :rolleyes::bag:
You can buy a gadget that fits into the antenna spot with two outlets. It allows you to come on a different angle to put the aerial in. Easier to take out too.

We get everything via optic cable so don't worry about aerials. Plus we watch FTA via Fox. Still not sure if we should take Netflix - any one an expert on it ?

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
My Laptop is going - 4 years is a good nick but the last 1 week, the processor isn't working. It's on but black screen then I have to unplug and now it's long process. More than 20 + minutes. I have big job tomorrow but at the end of day I will get 8GB Ram SSD Storage as it helps as the hardrive it's better moving it around. I should've done it New years sales but I was more focused of my injury.
I need it with a good laptop at home doing invoices and it goes to my account - expenses, though my bank and my business. It's drama now.
It cut out half way through writing this post....lol!
Printer, PDF and so on. It's quicker. I have a Ipad but I need a key to punch. Also, I can see - not quite 20/20 vision but it's old school. I can take photos of a job and do comments..eg. Need a plumber for that sewer or need a crane for that - etc. Not an half a page - with touch typing. I put my laptop writing on the keys 4 years ago.
It was good for 4 years - not now. I ....ed up -- New years I should've bought a good one. I spend 1,000 I should get 800 back Tax Man..lol!
I'm crashing now - I'm the idiot - I knew it was going. :facepalm:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Has anyone wanted to type a degree - ie 2° - and doesn't know how ? Well ... read on ...

Hold down the Alt key, and on the numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard, type 0176

Da - da ... 10°

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
47Mbps 18.7Mbps 12mp

It only took about 1 year and 3 technicians ..lol!

Reactions: S J

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Anyone else find issues with the latest windows update? Seems to have caused multiple errors.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Anyone else find issues with the latest windows update? Seems to have caused multiple errors.
It depends if you don't have a good driver system. My new Laptop it has that, my old Laptop I paid $18 month for a system driver. Though with Window 10 you have to install it. The same with Apple Ipad and Ipod Iphone.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Bazza Bazza is the man ... we have a lot of good knowledge on here - you just have to ask.
My writing about Apple - it's installed. Just authorize it and it's automatically. Some Laptops don't have that - new ones 80% have driver systems which are good. It's beneficial greatly for any printer/and TV/ etc...you get the point. Though AXL22 may have another problem through Window10. Most Windows have problems..not Apple. I was going to pay big $$ for a great Apple Laptop but I didn't want spend 2 grand..I halved my price. Hopefully I'll get $600-700 back???????? Who knows!

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
My writing about Apple - it's installed. Just authorize it and it's automatically. Some Laptops don't have that - new ones 80% have driver systems which are good. It's beneficial greatly for any printer/and TV/ etc...you get the point. Though AXL22 may have another problem through Window10. Most Windows have problems..not Apple. I was going to pay big $$ for a great Apple Laptop but I didn't want spend 2 grand..I halved my price. Hopefully I'll get $600-700 back???????? Who knows!
Never had an Apple. My wife loves her phone and iPad.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I'm amazed just now 11 ping/42 download/14 upload - Mind you - 1 of crap with nbn. Maybe after 3 nbn technicians, they thought we'll do something. lol! Even the the v. pres with the NBN - 2 weeks he said "when ...Libs and Multi-Millionaire Turnbull ...)well he didn't say they word for word) they got rid of fibre optics" He even said "eventually they will have to do it anyway" Just cutting..Maybe in 3 months time, I'm getting something?? Through my Tax return...4 months really..maybe longer.

My old Man - 35 model - he;s Dad died at 10 nearly end of WW2 and his Mother at 14.. :rolleyes: