News Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Some good results tonight so far. Only one more event for the Great Kurt Fearnley to go in the Marathon.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
have to see how Aussie Whately goes against 19 yr old Indian in the 90kg+ boxing with the winner a cert for a bronze or better

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I'm back from camping - I don't want to be a stick in the mud! :grumpy: What happened in Rio Olympics??? 8 Gold - 3 Gold - 1 Relay (women) 2 Gold 100m - 400m. Swimming.
On the GC - Beattie and the controlling body (Restaurants are F**ked) Then Beattie will be the NRL chairman - Good Luck NRL! :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: stanleyg and S J

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
2020 Tokyo Olympics - The Australian Swimmers - May get 3 Gold...??? The swimmers these days I get the cold feet like Greg Norman is the Masters :D I'm happy for the swimmers, though not one world record! What I know. I think a relay split was a world record.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Good night for the Aussies in the Athletics.
Yes we are doing better than I expected in athletics.
The beach volley ball girls got a scare from the ladies of Vanuatu
Diving was good to with some upsets like a missed dive means going from 1st to last place.
On a different note it appears economic queue jumpers have found a way to by pass Mr Dutton's naval blockade......8 Athletes from Cameroon have a done a bunk:rolleyes:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
2020 Tokyo Olympics - The Australian Swimmers - May get 3 Gold...??? The swimmers these days I get the cold feet like Greg Norman is the Masters :D I'm happy for the swimmers, though not one world record! What I know. I think a relay split was a world record.
Yes we are doing better than I expected in athletics.
The beach volley ball girls got a scare from the ladies of Vanuatu
Diving was good to with some upsets like a missed dive means going from 1st to last place.
On a different note it appears economic queue jumpers have found a way to by pass Mr Dutton's naval blockade......8 Athletes from Cameroon have a done a bunk:rolleyes:
I thought one of the girl swimmers got a WR ? May be wrong.

Quite a few try to do a runner here I gather. Next time they represent us ... ;)

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
63 gold to Australia. England next best all the way back on 28 gold. They won't be catching up this time! :D

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Didn't think the Comm Games could do at worse than their opening ceremony but they must have worked extra hard to sink so low with their closing ceremony effort.
Even half the athletes walked out and went to the pub while the 7 presenters were far from impressed with what they had to show to the viewers.
Basically a piss poor effort for the closing ceremony and the organisers would have sat up all night trying to come up with a "spin" to put on it.
The best they could think of was "we had the athletes welfare in mind".
It is BS and games are supposed to be about the athletes and of course the other cop out was "we had to take whatever the "main" broadcaster showed who wasn't even part of the Commonwealth.

It is probably about time they cut all that entertainment crap out along with the self praising speeches and stuck with what is good.....the athletes competing

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Didn't think the Comm Games could do at worse than their opening ceremony but they must have worked extra hard to sink so low with their closing ceremony effort.
Even half the athletes walked out and went to the pub while the 7 presenters were far from impressed with what they had to show to the viewers.
Basically a piss poor effort for the closing ceremony and the organisers would have sat up all night trying to come up with a "spin" to put on it.
The best they could think of was "we had the athletes welfare in mind".
It is BS and games are supposed to be about the athletes and of course the other cop out was "we had to take whatever the "main" broadcaster showed who wasn't even part of the Commonwealth.

It is probably about time they cut all that entertainment crap out along with the self praising speeches and stuck with what is good.....the athletes competing
Peter Beattie a disgrace. FACT

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Garbage.
Beattie should reimburse all that paid for the tickets.