News Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Australia is kicking butt on the medal tally with 14 gold. England is second best with 9 gold.

https://www.gc2018.com/
Yes the sport is going well.
It is a shame incompetence and misbehaviour is letting the games down but the media like those storys.

You have the "only in Queensland" bus fiasco where the driver took the Bermudan gals on a scenic drive the wrong way to Brisbane instead of Coolongatta for their game.

An Unnamed Mauritian official has been charged with sex assault on an unnamed female athlete.

Pauline wasn't happy with the amount of time spent with the opening ceremony on indigenous culture.
While she may be right that such a small percentage of people got the most attention it shows how much culture as a whole Australia must not have if the show was indigenous rap, some surfboards on the sand and a poor girl flashing her wedgy to the world.

Meanwhile our Nrl boss is up there swanning about telling anyone who is interested he supports the aboriginal blockade of the Baton and demonstrating.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Pauline wasn't happy with the amount of time spent with the opening ceremony on indigenous culture.
She is right. They over did it.

Meanwhile our Nrl boss is up there swanning about telling anyone who is interested he supports the aboriginal blockade of the Baton and demonstrating.
He is a bloody idiot! What these protesters need to understand is that Australia isn't owned by aboriginals only, but owned by ALL Australians. It is as much our country as it is theirs. It stopped being a country owned only by aboriginals when they failed to stop the Europeans coming here! That's how it works! Lol.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
She is right. They over did it.

He is a bloody idiot! What these protesters need to understand is that Australia isn't owned by aboriginals only, but owned by ALL Australians. It is as much our country as it is theirs. It stopped being a country owned only by aboriginals when they failed to stop the Europeans coming here! That's how it works! Lol.
I think the UN or league of nations once declared any "take over" of a country prior to ww1 was not invasion but conquered.
I once had an "activist" accuse me of being in HER Country. She was a little put back when I told her that being born here plus being older than her she had in fact came into existence in MY country

The sad thing is a lot of people make a life style out of the past instead of to paraphrase Juliar "moving forward".
There are imbeciles on both sides though like the oxygen thieves who abused GI.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Silver to Chalmers! The slow start cost him. Still a great result!

Great effort and result for Bird Smith and the crowd really willed him home in that last 500m.

Great result to that young Aussie chick in the women's 20k walk too! She is a cutie too!

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Apparently we have won 7 gold today!!

Both in the 20km walks and in the shooting! That's 3 of them!

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The aussies...All of them are doing well except those at Ch 7 in charge of the broadcasts.
They have 3 or 4 channels at their disposal and still are all over the shop.
You have cycling becoming "flavour" of the month.
They show it live on 7two then whack it on 7 at the expense of another sport and make out like it is just happening.
Very disappointing for Tallent to cop her 3rd red in the walk so close to home channelling Saville but very well done by young Montag to get the gold.
The broadcasters actually did a pre race story of how good our young "indigenous " walker was and while she didn't finish in the medals could have a bright future if she keeps at it unlike the daughter of the Captains pick.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
The aussies...All of them are doing well except those at Ch 7 in charge of the broadcasts.
They have 3 or 4 channels at their disposal and still are all over the shop.
You have cycling becoming "flavour" of the month.
They show it live on 7two then whack it on 7 at the expense of another sport and make out like it is just happening.
I just keep it on the main Channel 7 channel. If something important happens, you'll probably see it on there.

Australia on 39 gold.
England on 22 gold.
The rest have less.
https://www.gc2018.com/

Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
yeah they're good at the weight lifting
Yes they are and air pistol to. I suppose when you have country with over a Billion people it stands to reason they might be good at a lot of sports.
Other countries from the caribbean and afrika will get a lot their medals from track and field.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
An NIR boxer has decided to take his skills onto the "Glitter strip" and been arrested for competing over his weight limit:cat:.
Best winner yesterday was the Aussie guy in the 100 metres. He won two events in one.....Race winner and BEST moustache

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Unfortunately yes. Squash, cricket, weight lifting, shooting , just about everything except F1 car racing:bag:oh and rugby league lol:rolleyes:
They can't be that good as they only won 1 silver medal and 1 bronze medal at the last Summer Olympics!