News Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Well what a kick off that was for an opening ceremony. Not the best weather though.

This thread can be for all talk re the games!!

Did Peter Beattie know what he was on about lol??

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I hope the sport is good for the athletes and viewers.
It hasn't been too good a start though with......
a "needle" issue already

Australia losing two athletes....one to a "coward" punch and the other to a spinal issue

The Printed programme listing England as part of Africa ( couldn't be a Labor problem as the Fed Deputy thinks Africa is a country on its own)
Not sure about swimming with surfboards on sand but the Opening and closing entertainment is becoming more important than the "games" these days which is why they cost so much both Comm and Olympic.

One thing I am curious about is the newly minted Nrl commissioner isn't doing his job but is off soaking up the largesse at the Games.

Reactions: S J

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Good to see some bloke no one has heard of in the Triathlon come home and get the Silver. The race was all about the English brothers according to Channel 7.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
years ago i wanted to be tri athlete - then a saw greg welsh - f**k yeah! then the training, .... that lol!!

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
years ago i wanted to be tri athlete - then a saw greg welsh - f**k yeah! then the training, .... that lol!!
i'm not praising myself :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: i did cross country running and swim teams and some biking - minimal - then I saw some young triathletes - i knew league is my best option :p

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Bronze to Blair Evans in the 400 medley. Great effort!

Well done to the Aussie in the triathlon. What a come back!

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
congrats to the aussie women in the 4 x 100m relay for getting gold and world record :)
What a swim!

I loved some of that racing!

You'll have to put it on record tomorrow bro and watch the swimming after the Bunnies play! We may need it to cheer us up a bit!

I'm working tomorrow night so I will record our match and the swimming!

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Damn those bloody Poms...

I loved it when Horton and Oloughlin caught that James Guy bloke!

I didn't watch much cycling apart from when we beat the kiwis.... I flicked over the footy mostly when the cycling was on!
i only flicked to the footy when the ads were on channel 7, only to check the score

Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
It was mixed day for the Aussies.
15 medals in the bag but the Poms still have more:banghead:

The cycling was for the most part pretty good even if the boys had a stuff up and got a re start.

Women's triathalon the aussie girls were far from competitive on the day
Hurdler Sally "succumbed" to her Achilles injury although she would have known a week ago she couldn't run with it but did get to experience all the media attention in the build up and carried the "baton".

I hope channel7 never gets the broadcast rights to NRL as they were all over the shop with their broadcast chopping and changing sport between 7 and 7 two. I was watching the hockeyroos leading Canada by one goal on 7 two with a minute to go with Canada on the attack and they cut the game saying see the finish on 7 which had the pummel horse competition:mad: