Rugby League Bunnies - Signings and News

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
You’ve nailed it Mega, I am Madge supporter to but see exactly what you mean.

Something just popped into my head was if you asked George, Sam and GI if they’d have changed a thing, I don’t think they would’ve changed a thing for the Glory we achieved and breaking the drought!

We may see the same thing happen with Murray by the time he gets to 31-32 years old too as young Murray also plays the game so hard!

Can’t argue with the GI stuff.
Not a Madge fan myself but agree with the rest of Mega's post.

Reactions: Mega and Rabbits 21

Mega

Oct 8, 2019

Something just popped into my head was if you asked George, Sam and GI if they’d have changed a thing, I don’t think they would’ve changed a thing for the Glory we achieved and breaking the drought!

We may see the same thing happen with Murray by the time he gets to 31-32 years old too as young Murray also plays the game so hard!

Yeah true. If you asked them, they'd probably say they wouldn't have it any other way because they're like soldiers and sacrifice for the cause. Well, maybe GI deep down. But other teams send their forwards through in numbers, tip on more and vary the point of their forward attack. The Storm are the best, running off Smith, at keeping the defence guessing and stopping their forwards from being ambushed in a hornets' nest type gang tackle whereas we still too often - not absolutely always but still too often - just give the ball to one bloke to run one-out (including our light-on wingers) with no variation and the defence just zeroing in on them to cop the barrage. And these blokes just keep going like true heroes, true gladiators. But, it's shortening their careers...

We need to be smarter.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
He'll be a rooster at heart forever, it will be interesting to see if his form slumps when departs to another club.
Meh, you could have said Cronk would be a Storm at heart but he was good for the Roosters for 2 years. I thought Roosters had JWH signed for 2020 but I just read an article saying they haven't signed him for 2020 yet.

The Flash

Mar 22, 2018
Who is this Mega bloke?
What are you doing here,this is a troll free zone which is moderated professionally playing no favourites btw.
If that other place ends up with a pair of Nazis running it expect to see more refugees from bigotry.
Just kidding around.
Welcome to Sanityland where black is black,white is white and there are shades of grey!
Regards

The Flash

Mar 22, 2018
Meh, you could have said Cronk would be a Storm at heart but he was good for the Roosters for 2 years. I thought Roosters had JWH signed for 2020 but I just read an article saying they haven't signed him for 2020 yet.
Doubt that JWH would countenance a red and green jumper?

The Flash

Mar 22, 2018
Shocking news about Sam's playing future being in doubt...

You know what one of my 1st thoughts are? This wont please Madge supporters - of which I am one and met and chatted with the man a couple of times, love him forever for delivering #21 - but, George's hip probs since 2016 where has never been the same again, GI's shoulder and now Sam's? I'm sorry but the middle third assault was effective but took it's toll and we are now seeing the results of a lack of a plan B for too many years.

That's my 1st thought. Might not be right but has popped into my head before and even more now.

With GI, it was so sad but for a fullback or centre to have arthritis in the shoulder shows how much we misused him as a battering ram for the latter part of his career I fear. We have never been great at setting up our backs and putting them into space and too often they only get their hands on the ball by coming in and taking hit ups. It always seemed such a waste watching the great Greg Inglis take a hit up or a dh run. Embarrassing really...

Now we may have burned Sam Burgess' career out too early too?

Man... not good... :(
I never forgave Maguire for leaving GI on the field to be humiliated when he had that ankle injury,you don't do that to champions.
Maguire seems to be having difficulty at Wests lately.
Back then I started a thread "Maguire must go"at that other place and received the usual plaudits!
End of an era I think so,there is no replacement for Sam,GI and Sutts methinks!j

Reactions: Mega

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
But Cronk didn't hate the roosters..........JWH hates Souths, he would come in, take the money and then proceed to whiteant the place.
S Burgess health issues?
Bad shoulder issue, there's some debate about how long he will play on for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabbits 21

doyen

Feb 6, 2018

I was saying a long time back that Sam needed to temper his game--too kamikase for my like--he is 30 now & his future is very clouded----if he does return;which seems to be a big IF, I would like to see him at prop using a more subdued approach;as a full time enforcer in the middle----none of the gungho approach;throwing himself headlong into everything all over the field--we saw a very different Sam in the second half of last season as he was struggling bigtime with injury & pain !! A shadow of his real ability was Sam--as for Murray;he plays full on too & as a light-weight forward,he is a prime target for opposition hit-men & for injury, due to the way he plays with no thought for self-preservation--he needs to be a bit more conservative & sensible too,IMO,if he wants to last !!

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah that’s no secret lol.....
I think he's a shocker as a coach-- Sths had the stars to win the title in 2014 despite his interference--he was pretty much downhill after that triumph & did some pretty ridiculous things which lost him the confidence of the players & the whole Sths footy community,I reckon !!
He'll do the same to the Tigers community too,probably !!

Reactions: southsport

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I think he's a shocker as a coach-- Sths had the stars to win the title in 2014 despite his interference--he was pretty much downhill after that triumph & did some pretty ridiculous things which lost him the confidence of the players & the whole Sths footy community,I reckon !!
He'll do the same to the Tigers community too,probably !!
I think the rot has already started at the tigers between Madge and the playing group doyen with Matterson and Brooks wanting out.

Reactions: doyen

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I was saying a long time back that Sam needed to temper his game--too kamikase for my like--he is 30 now & his future is very clouded----if he does return;which seems to be a big IF, I would like to see him at prop using a more subdued approach;as a full time enforcer in the middle----none of the gungho approach;throwing himself headlong into everything all over the field--we saw a very different Sam in the second half of last season as he was struggling bigtime with injury & pain !! A shadow of his real ability was Sam--as for Murray;he plays full on too & as a light-weight forward,he is a prime target for opposition hit-men & for injury, due to the way he plays with no thought for self-preservation--he needs to be a bit more conservative & sensible too,IMO,if he wants to last !!
Yes Doyen I clearly remember.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I think the rot has already started at the tigers between Madge and the playing group doyen with Matterson and Brooks wanting out.
Matterson’ is an issue about the 350-400k he signed, talk is his manager isn’t the best.

Matterson now thinks he’s worth more, not Madge’ fault.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Matterson’ is an issue about the 350-400k he signed, talk is his manager isn’t the best.

Matterson now thinks he’s worth more, not Madge’ fault.
That may have something to do with it but there has also been quite some talk of Matterson being unhappy with the way Madge is using him on the field.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018

Doesn’t sound good at all guys

I actually had a beer with Sammy last week and mate his shoulder is a mess,” Carroll told Macquarie Sports Radio on Thursday.

“He can only raise that left shoulder to a 45 degree angle. He can’t go 90, he can’t go straight up.

“He’s got arthritis in that shoulder and it’s pretty hard playing with one arm, he’s a massive piece of the jigsaw puzzle at the Rabbits but it’s very hard playing injured.

“I don’t know what you can do, do you go to the (United) States and try something amazing over there?”

“He’s in a really serious position and I really feel that. His movement is horrible.

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Just on Sam Burgess quite a number of Easts fans on social media are feasting over it and really laying the boot in with disrespect.

Now if that was Boyd Cordner I don’t think we’d go around laying into him, we’d respect him for what he’s done in the game.

The Easts fans continue to be disgraceful, a fair number of them too.

Reactions: Mega and callmack1