Rugby League Bunnies - Signings and News

southsport

May 20, 2013
From another site saying that there are persistant rumours that Souths are after James Roberts.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
From another site saying that there are persistant rumours that Souths are after James Roberts.
I can’t even think about any of that right now, I need to get over this!

He can’t be replaced on field and he leaves a massive massive hole does GI!

I’m gonna be looking down the tunnel this Friday and it’s gonna be a weird feeling that GI isn’t leading us out anymore and that’s he’s not back in a fortnight or a month, that’s it just like that before we could blink!

I’m still in shock....

Excuse me if I snap at a couple of bastards on the Pride!

Reactions: callmack1

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
Sths have Jayden OKUNBOR from the Dogs on their radar as do others clubs I'm sure !! I believe he is unsigned past this season !!

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
I'm not currently in Australia so would someone do me a favour and go and punch the living daylights out of Kent and Rothfield. The two toilet floaters are questioning GI's get out of contract situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: southsport

southsport

May 20, 2013
I'm not currently in Australia so would someone do me a favour and go and punch the living daylights out of Kent and Rothfield. The two toilet floaters are questioning GI's get out of contract situation.
Lol, that was always on the cards, they're desperate for Souths not to have any cap space.

southsport

May 20, 2013
This from another site.

"Ok. Don’t shoot the messenger but according to a contact who does some work for Souths Care. Roberts will be here within 2 weeks."

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
This from another site.

"Ok. Don’t shoot the messenger but according to a contact who does some work for Souths Care. Roberts will be here within 2 weeks."
It’s a pretty big risk as he’s got some off field issues it seems and he’s always has had and he seems quite injury prone!

He’s got great talent but he can fade in and out of games sometime! I guess I sometimes question him in regards to why his shit work hit up numbers are so low.

Reactions: stanleyg

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
I don't think we can afford to wait until 2020 to go after a marquee player to attempt to replace GI (which is impossible). In my opinion, we are right in the middle of a Premiership window, we have the potential to do it this year. That is why I'd go after Roberts and try and get him this year because with him in the side our chances for the Premiership are that much stronger.

Now, I'm all for future planning and we don't want the 'stop gap' approach but we have an opportunity this year to do something great and it would be a real shame to let that opportunity slip away. You can always say "we'll still be up there next year, so we can wait to sign someone," but you just never know what will happen so I think we need to take the opportunity now.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I don't think we can afford to wait until 2020 to go after a marquee player to attempt to replace GI (which is impossible). In my opinion, we are right in the middle of a Premiership window, we have the potential to do it this year. That is why I'd go after Roberts and try and get him this year because with him in the side our chances for the Premiership are that much stronger.

Now, I'm all for future planning and we don't want the 'stop gap' approach but we have an opportunity this year to do something great and it would be a real shame to let that opportunity slip away. You can always say "we'll still be up there next year, so we can wait to sign someone," but you just never know what will happen so I think we need to take the opportunity now.
I have to agree bro, we have to take the gamble on Roberts and hope his Achilles holds up, he’s been having issues with it I think.

If Roberts comes we can move Gags back to the wing which is so much better!

Ideally imo Allan isn’t in our best backline.

AJ
Gagai
Roberts
Burns
Graham

Next in line:
Allan
Douiehi
Turner

We really can’t afford anymore injuries in the backs!

What would we think about chasing Gutherson as a centre?

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
I sometimes question him in regards to why his shit work hit up numbers are so low.
Sometimes a wing's or centre's hit-ups aren't as high as another's because the opposition kicker purposely kicks it to the other side of the field most of the time, towards someone not as dangerous, so hit up numbers for outside backs isn't that important. It is up to our halves to get it out to them in attack. I also prefer the outside backs to stay out wide, otherwise the opposition defense line won't have to spread out as much and it makes it easier for them.

Last edited:

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018

Definitely.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Sometimes a wing's or centre's hit-ups aren't as high as another's because the opposition kicker purposely kicks it to the other side of the field most of the time, towards someone not as dangerous, so hit up numbers for outside backs isn't that important. It is up to our halves to get it out to them in attack. I also prefer the outside backs to stay out wide, otherwise the opposition defense line won't have to spread out as much and it makes it easier for them.
Early on in sets it’s important imo wingers and centres go looking for the ball and put their hand up to help with the shit work, each to their own though!

I see what you’re saying though!