News Bunnies - Injuries and Suspensions

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
By the time Cook & McInnes reach 30 yrs old [Cook is 28 & Cam 25]---Cook will have played 150 games & Cam 230 !! ie. all being healthy for them ! McInnes is already wanting to train;on crutches !!
It’s not about a matter of games, Cookie has played at the highest levels, FACT through sheer hard work!

I told you that’d be the case, but you didn’t listen :rolleyes:

The Flash

Mar 22, 2018
PM me if you have extra to say, I don’t wanna start an argument on here.

I try and be fair with all.

I tried giving you advice etc over time, I’m happy to discuss via PM further.
Already have with no reply!
And stop talking down to me!

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
It's obviously a real shame to see Sam miss out on the Lions games through injury and it certainly is a concern that his shoulder is still hampering him but at the same time, I'm kind of glad he won't be playing. Sam is one of our players who needs a big rest and he'll get that now which will hopefully benefit him.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
Sam Burgess set to retire--25% of bone only in his shoulder which is injured chronically----you would think he requires another reconstruction which would be the third one,I think !! His long-term future will be wracked with arthritic pain already--he will need to retire to prevent an ongoing health catastrophy !! We need to be looking for a replacement !!

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Sam Burgess set to retire--25% of bone only in his shoulder which is injured chronically----you would think he requires another reconstruction which would be the third one,I think !! His long-term future will be wracked with arthritic pain already--he will need to retire to prevent an ongoing health catastrophy !! We need to be looking for a replacement !!
Looks like the reconstruction of our playing roster is about to go into overdrive too doyen!

Reactions: doyen

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Doyen I agree with what you say, it’s looking dire that’s for sure and I’m struggling to come to terms with that I’m not ready I won’t handle it too well tbh but........

I disagree on one thing, the word replacement, you can’t replace Sam Burgess, what we do is get another player to pull on his jersey but no one can replace him, they’ll do a job for us but they just won’t be as good as we know Sam was!

The best available currently would be D. Fifita as we’ve discussed too, but it’s hard to see the Shoncos letting him go isn’t it..........

Matterson last I heard was rumoured Parra would take him, but if he is on 350-400k like Farah says, maybe we could put an offer to Matterson of around 450-500k and sell it to him about getting coached re Bennett blah blah, he will get a starting spot with us blah blah blah........

Reactions: callmack1

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
We can and we will. Every player is replaceable. To say otherwise is just being emotional and sentimental. We have to be proactive in the player market and be smart with our salary cap otherwise we will just be making up the numbers in the competition.
I disagree, can and will isn’t realistic imo.

We could find a player but they won’t be of the high high high quality of Sam and what he brings.

I agree on the smart with our salary cap though

Reactions: callmack1

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I disagree, can and will isn’t realistic imo.

We could find a player but they won’t be of the high high high quality of Sam and what he brings.

I agree on the smart with our salary cap though
Sam can't keep playing forever, sooner or later he will have to retire and be replaced by someone else.

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
Sam's game is mainly based around being hard & tough--if he can't be hard & tough he is basically buggered !!
Sam is a top enforcing type but nowhere near as skilful as the very best[like Big Artie was] !

I know many rate him highly[I do too] but because he is not,IMO,a highly skilled player,has plenty of errors in him & visits the judiciary far too often I would say we tend to overrate Sam & his true value !! At times I've felt he has been bordering on being a liability----I think his off-field problems were probably worse than we really know too,hence the early finish of his marriage !!

Sam has been v/good for Sths but when your times up--IT'S UP !!

The Flash

Mar 22, 2018
The real issue is we have a pack of nice blokes,there is no mongrel and thats where will get done next year.
Look at the Driz Nelson- asshole the Budenny bros. pair of assholes
.Chooks JWH- super asshole.wait a sec the whole team are assholes along with their coach and who can forget Nico!

Reactions: doyen

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
The real issue is we have a pack of nice blokes,there is no mongrel and thats where will get done next year.
Look at the Driz Nelson- asshole the Budenny bros. pair of assholes
.Chooks JWH- super asshole.wait a sec the whole team are assholes along with their coach and who can forget Nico!
I too think we are leaning more to being a softish pack that lacks mongrel--Sam provided that mongrel but the way he plays with no thought for self preservation, it was always going to have its bad toll on him physically--he had a shoulder recon very early in his career before he even left England for Sths plus ongoing probs with it all through his time with us--it's certainly a credit to his toughness !