News Bunnies - Injuries and Suspensions

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
Well that makes this game interesting . They have plenty out as well . I'd assume our game plan will be to kill them at the ruck . They'll be going wide at every opportunity. Allan will be fine at the back . I'm assuming it's Hiroti on the wing so the Raiders will be kicking to Turner and him all night.

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Shit, this is a huge blow for us!! AJ has been brilliant so far this year damn it!

Rabbitohs fullback Alex Johnston to miss up to a month after knee surgery

Rabbitohs fullback Alex Johnston is set to miss a month of football after having minor knee surgery.

The Australian's Brent Read broke the news on Tuesday, with the NRL Physio saying the procedure was "likely arthroscopic surgery (floating cartilage cleanout/meniscus trim)" given the estimated recovery period.

Johnston has started all nine games in the No.1 jumper this season and has been an underrated part of South Sydney's early dominance.

The 24-year-old played the full 80 minutes in the side's 32-16 win against North Queensland in Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium over the weekend.

Johnston joins centre Braiden Burns (hamstring), young backline utility Adam Doueihi (knee) and fringe first grader Corey Denniss (shoulder) on the sidelines.

Veteran John Sutton could also be added to the casualty ward after leaving the field with a ribs injury versus the Cowboys.

The Rabbitohs have a readymade replacement for Johnston in impressive rookie Corey Allan, a natural fullback who has played on the wing so far in his debut NRL campaign.

Talented Canterbury Cup winger Mawene Hiroti is in line for a call-up onto the flank to cover Allan's expected shift to the custodian's role.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
At least AJ's injury is nothing serious and the club it 100% doing the right thing by sorting it now rather then in come back to bite us at the important time of the year.
It’s still a pretty big blow bro especially as we are already being tested in the backs!

Burns should be back in two weeks which will help.

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
At least AJ's injury is nothing serious and the club it 100% doing the right thing by sorting it now rather then in come back to bite us at the important time of the year.
He's done extremely well assuming he's had cartilage floating around in there. Wow arthroscope cleanups has progressed over the years. Four weeks is a real quick heal.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
The fact Tom is carrying an ankle and foot niggle is no good at all either!

I’m worried re Sutto even if he plays on Saturday having battered ribs is very painful, Sutto may not be at his best and may play less minutes.
Sutto will have a pain killer for the ribs . I'd say Wayne would be ok with it . He probably won't even feel them. Reyno's the one we can't afford to lose so I hope it's nothing major.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Sutto will have a pain killer for the ribs . I'd say Wayne would be ok with it . He probably won't even feel them. Reyno's the one we can't afford to lose so I hope it's nothing major.
I was gonna say Wayne is generally against injections but maybe he will make an exception!

If AR is out it seems it won’t be for more than a week, sounds like a niggle more than anything based on what George said! (Maybe George is downplaying it though so who really knows)

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
George was quite weird in that press conference so who knows. I got the impression he's not happy and is looking for offers from other clubs.