Opinion Boxing

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
A draw - what - a DRAW !!!

Can't remember the last draw I've seen in a 3 man judging panel in a boxing match.

Bazza Bazza - advice please ?

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
No idea how the fight went.
Gallen did his Mundine impression to hype it up and sell tickets but it seemed slanted in Halls favour
Home town AFL support ( don't put too much stock in that)
Judges who apparently need to visit specs savers
Short 2 minute rounds to give Hall recovery time.
Gallen takes majority points but because 2 judges call it a draw the points win doesnt count and its called a majority draw.

As for the fight , didn't see it so will happily await Voldys expert eye being cast over the action in the ring.

Reactions: Southy and S J

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
A draw - what - a DRAW !!!

Can't remember the last draw I've seen in a 3 man judging panel in a boxing match.
Majority draw. 2 judges said it was a draw. The other judge said Gallen won on points. Hopefully there is a rematch in Sydney.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I have already watched these 2 fights.
I think Sonny was in the pay of the mob due to the way he died and his lifestyle.
That aside no one really gave Clay much chance of winning and he finished his career with about 56 - 5 - 1 .
I am sure some afficiendado would have the exact figures.
No one also gave him a hope against Foreman. It was a highlight fight from a fighter with brains winning over brawn

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
At boarding school - mainly it was League and Cricket - on occasions he did wrestling..not make believe! RR hahaha then a brother (Marist) he was an ex amateur fighter then he got a calling! whatever..lol! On occasions we (kids boarders) boxing drills. A few kids, not many.