Opinion Boxing

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Tim Tszyu's handlers want to move him into two of Sydney's biggest venues after the exciting young boxer underlined his potential by winning the Australian Super Welterweight title.

The 24-year-old, who grew up in Carss Park and trains at the Tszyu Boxing Academy in Rockdale, improved his record to 13-0 (10 KOs) with a convincing 10-round unanimous points decision over Victorian Joel Camilleri at The Star in Sydney on Wednesday night. Tszyu's next fight is likely to be in August with his promoter Matt Rose looking to campaign him just in Sydney in the near future.
I occasionally trained there many years ago and my golf game never got better hitting on the range..lol!

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Are you a golfer Bazza Bazza
Hell no. I was alright years ago. I had a good swing and years ago I was on 10 Hand but a few years ago...one brain injury, I got
apraxia
MEDICINE

inability to perform particular purposive actions. My right index fingers and wrist and hand I don't feel. But work wise - I try to take care, but there is ways around it. Not I dropped things sometimes. It took years to see what I could do or not able. Sometimes trying my boxing shoes up, that's difficult - like a f"n child..lol!

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Hodges fight was a farce.
I never watched it. Recently my viewing stuff - occasionally stuff. I like this though Unreal tv show. It's funny and making light of reality crap. With good stories and hot Women..win win ..haha

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Hell no. I was alright years ago. I had a good swing and years ago I was on 10 Hand but a few years ago...one brain injury, I got
apraxia
MEDICINE

inability to perform particular purposive actions. My right index fingers and wrist and hand I don't feel. But work wise - I try to take care, but there is ways around it. Not I dropped things sometimes. It took years to see what I could do or not able. Sometimes trying my boxing shoes up, that's difficult - like a f"n child..lol!
I use to play - we have a course here - but I use to annoy my fellow players - by the 9th I'd had enough. I could play OK, I just got bored.

Like in fishing - I love it - the quietness, the thrill, the solitude - but I use to throw them back. My father in law use to go crazy when I did that :)

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I use to play - we have a course here - but I use to annoy my fellow players - by the 9th I'd had enough. I could play OK, I just got bored.

Like in fishing - I love it - the quietness, the thrill, the solitude - but I use to throw them back. My father in law use to go crazy when I did that :)
It's good with a fellow drinking buddies with a gold cart and some don't care about golf. Get a taxi or uber there and the 19th hole is the best..lol!

Reactions: S J

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Australian boxing fans are mourning the loss of Indigenous boxer Dwight Ritchie, who died during a sparring session with Michael Zerafa in Melbourne on Saturday.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Australian boxing fans are mourning the loss of Indigenous boxer Dwight Ritchie, who died during a sparring session with Michael Zerafa in Melbourne on Saturday.
sad thing to happen but it is inherently a dangerous sport .
A coronial report will clarify actual cause

Reactions: ALX22

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I'd forgotten this - we should discuss the Gallen v Hall fight on here - not in the Souths forum guys.

Its a general topic.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
The biggest ever cross-code fight is on with former AFL player Barry Hall set to take on NRL heavyweight Paul Gallen in Melbourne next month. The bad boys of their codes will square off in a long-awaited stoush, with details to be announced at a press conference on Wednesday morning. Boxing champion Danny Green has been working behind the scenes to put the fight together.

The fight will be the first for Hall, 42, who retired from the AFL at the end of 2011 after playing with St Kilda, Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

Gallen has fought regularly since making his ring debut in 2014. Calling time on his 349-game Cronulla NRL career at the end of the season, the 38-year-old has had nine fights since 2014 for nine victories — five by KO.

His last win was a second-round KO of John Hopoate in Sydney in February. “I’m really looking forward to this challenge against an AFL legend,” Gallen said.

“When I first started boxing I was warned by some Australian boxing royalty to stay clear of Barry and also some mutual people we know who he’d played AFL with. When his name was mentioned over the past couple of years I saw it as a challenge and said yes with it never eventuating. I guess now we’ll get to see how good a judge those who backed him are.”

Hall has a background in boxing, contesting 15 fights by the age of 15 including winning a state title.

During his eight seasons at Sydney he earned a reputation as a controversial player and in 2008 was suspended for seven weeks for knocking out West Coast Eagles defender Brent Staker with a vicious blow to the head. “While living in Sydney and Queensland for 10 years, a common comment I heard from NRL fans is that AFL was soft,” Hall said. “Well now I guess we’re all about to find out.”

Rising Australian stars, identical twins Andrew and Jason Moloney, will both fight on the undercard. The event will be broadcast on Foxtel.