Opinion Boxing

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I said in the "zen" thread Mundine had no trouble drifting off to sleep.
It was over so quick it was like the last Gattellari fight at the Hordern. People were still queueing up outside and it was over .

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Seriously - Round 1.

Sounds like a con. I guess The Hornet can think he should challenge someone now ?

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Seriously - Round 1.

Sounds like a con. I guess The Hornet can think he should challenge someone now ?
He may as well. He did all that training to get fit that it would be a shame to waste it.:p

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Mayweather connected with more punches in 9 out of the 12 Rounds, but Pac Man says he thinks he won, but I don't think he really believes it. Mayweather was too quick! :)

Last edited:

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Isn't it the type of punches too - not just how many ?

@Bazza
its "scoring" punches not the actual number thrown SJ.
A boxer can throw a lot of "leather" but if his opponent takes them on the gloves they don't score,
I am sure Bazza could give you examples between scoring and not scoring hits.

Personally my favourite was the so called "phantom" punch by Clay to the top of Listons noggin in fight two.:D

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
its "scoring" punches not the actual number thrown SJ.
A boxer can throw a lot of "leather" but if his opponent takes them on the gloves they don't score,
I am sure Bazza could give you examples between scoring and not scoring hits.

Personally my favourite was the so called "phantom" punch by Clay to the top of Listons noggin in fight two.:D
Example: Labor scoring punches - LNP: not scoring punches :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The little guy may well be good - but doesn't look that fit. @Bazza - do you know him Bazz ?

Not sure about the socks either ... :)
He apparently was very good SJ. He made Hodges look like a champ......20seconds and it was over

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Tim Tszyu's handlers want to move him into two of Sydney's biggest venues after the exciting young boxer underlined his potential by winning the Australian Super Welterweight title.

The 24-year-old, who grew up in Carss Park and trains at the Tszyu Boxing Academy in Rockdale, improved his record to 13-0 (10 KOs) with a convincing 10-round unanimous points decision over Victorian Joel Camilleri at The Star in Sydney on Wednesday night. Tszyu's next fight is likely to be in August with his promoter Matt Rose looking to campaign him just in Sydney in the near future.