stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
which one has the advertising on the bottom of their boots?:nurse:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I use to learn karate - was fun - but lost interest.

Boxing - ie the skill - can be great - and keep you fit.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I use to learn karate - was fun - but lost interest.

Boxing - ie the skill - can be great - and keep you fit.
You have to go the cruiser or lower weights to see the skill these days. The heavy weights have basically turned the sweet science into a shambling wrestle.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
That is cryptic mate, I can't even imagine your thinking in the morning.
Pretty straight forward Bazza.:snaphappy: I keep thinking Mundine could have made a motza if he had have had advertising on the soles of his shoes when he fought for his 1st world title against that German guy

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Pretty straight forward Bazza.:snaphappy: I keep thinking Mundine could have made a motza if he had have had advertising on the soles of his shoes when he fought for his 1st world title against that German guy
Sven Ottke

WLD
6 KOs
last 6

biography
roleBoxer
bouts34
rounds331
KOs18%
global ID7203
aliasPhantom
born1967-06-03
debut1997-03-22
divisionsuper middleweight
stanceorthodox
height5′ 10″ / 178cm
reachRegister as Manager
Register as Promoter

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Yes that's him, I thought that was his name and wasn't he a "home " town fighter. He was no Marvellous Marvin or Sugar ray leonard but he did show the world the bottom of Mundones shoes.

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Come home tonight after the fitness course and there is a young fella who knows the anatomy and also physiology, but the teacher was speaking about Nutrition. One of the recruitments of the course, yes this young fella he's juiced up a little. So, I added my dialogue to the explanation to how to get to good weight. I said - I fought at 69kg 20 years ago many boxers said to me - 6-7 small meals a day - chicken (seared not much dressing) fish ( grilled & lemon) beef (mainly stir fry) Vegs - boiled or steamed and also salad. Vegs - greens - asian greens. Carbs - brown rice, wholemeal wraps. Nuts unsalted and dairy - goat, feta and so forth. Legumes and also oats and porridge though you have to careful will that respect. Also I played at hooker years ago at 86kg. Young f***kers - you do the boxing with the pads and that f**ker doesn't even try do put any effort to the connection. Yes you have to loose before you punch the mits, but not at end of the F!! swing. Saturday maybe interesting! Bazza :finger::hilarious: I may walk into his shit out swing, then maybe he will fall on the backside. Young f**kers!
It's 1 am and I have to be at work at 8:50am.
10 people in a small area and he's skipping - I was training a female student and half way thru her walking lunges he had to do that! M******** F ***********! He maybe a challenge with me - youth, solid stature - but a few passing comments and then he's see what's made of!
Anyway - I had to say now on social site, better than my family. Bazza wants a blew! not really, but I wouldn't knock it back.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
You think maybe someone is trying to provoke you Bazza or put you in your "place"?.
Show him how dedicated you are to training the young lady, step back into his skipping rope a few times:finger:. Impinging on a persons space always get a result one way or another.
I know one of the secrets of a good diet to lose weight is at least 4 or 5 small meals a day even if one is only an apple. My uncle used to box until he woke up while he was having a shower after a fight.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I remember doing one of my cricket coach courses - they brought along this top spinner. He was telling me stuff then asking me to teach someone else ... :)

At least I got it to move ... ;)

I often think they think we are all going to play the top level. Knowing what to do - and doing it - are often two different things.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
But on diets - I try the 5/2 diet. Developed originally by a bloke named Michael Mosley.

You eat normally for 5 days and pick 2 in the week where you cut back. NOT eat nothing - but cut back - one sandwich for lunch instead of 2. Maybe no beer or wine. But you still eat - in moderation. If it turns out your "day" is the work Christmas party - you change it to another day that week. But - you stick to the 5/2 principle.

It is not a "WOW - I lost 25 kilos" diet. It's a "I lost 1-2 kilos this week" diet.

It works over time and becomes part of your life. Maybe make Tuesday your day - and Thursday your lesser day.

But you don't let it rule you - if its the kid's birthday - you change the day.

Over a few months you'll notice you've somehow lost 3-4 kilos or more. AND - its not hard.

On the days you pick you may feel slightly "hungry" - but not "starving".

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Well, even the teacher has said - diet binges like the atkins diet and the paleo diet it's full of shit. But, that young fella thinks he knows better than anyone. He's smart, but book smart.
The crazy thing is at this fitness centre, it's the size of a lounge room. With 10-7 people training it's not the best environment to skip.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Well, even the teacher has said - diet binges like the atkins diet and the paleo diet it's full of shit. But, that young fella thinks he knows better than anyone. He's smart, but book smart.
The crazy thing is at this fitness centre, it's the size of a lounge room. With 10-7 people training it's not the best environment to skip.
You have to give it to those park Trainers. All they need is the toys and wherever they stop they have a plenty of space to workout someone who just wants to look good for xmas:happy: