Opinion BATHURST 2020

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Holden Team still exists - so will they keep the cars going ? Red Bull.
Expect most commodores on the grid for 2021 but Gen3 supercars was scheduled for 2022, now that holden has departed no one is sure what will be on the grid in 2 years time, there is some preference for Marc cars among enthusiasts..

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Expect most commodores on the grid for 2021 but Gen3 supercars was scheduled for 2022, now that holden has departed no one is sure what will be on the grid in 2 years time, there is some preference for Marc cars among enthusiasts..

I thought they might over to Camaros.

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Corvette is no longer front engine so it would take a quantum shift in the regulations to get it homologated.

Gen3 supercar discussion here.

nothing would surpise me.
They are let 2 door cars race in what was basically a 4 door race and its gone to pot ever since.(ford 2 door cobra before anyone thinks I am moaning about the mustang)

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
nothing would surpise me.
They are let 2 door cars race in what was basically a 4 door race and its gone to pot ever since.(ford 2 door cobra before anyone thinks I am moaning about the mustang)
Manufacturers can't sell 4 door cars anymore, everyone wants SUVs, it's better now that crappodores aren't winning all the time anyway. ;)

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Manufacturers can't sell 4 door cars anymore, everyone wants SUVs, it's better now that crappodores aren't winning all the time anyway. ;)
seeing the race is supposed to be win on sunday, sell on Monday perhaps CAMS should introduce and SUV class ;)

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
seeing the race is supposed to be win on sunday, sell on Monday perhaps CAMS should introduce and SUV class ;)
It hasn't been win on sunday ,sell on monday for quite some time, that why they don't sell many sedans anymore.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
It hasn't been win on sunday ,sell on monday for quite some time, that why they don't sell many sedans anymore.
well they were winning on sunday and selling...mustangs on Monday.
Of course that seems to have run its race (corny pun I know) with the numbers in used car yards and being offered for sale.
They have a "celebrity" race or had one so an SUV class could be the way of the future like Mr Kormanns Grey comcars the Green Senator thought was a good idea.
I did however like the Bathurst 12 hour race with all those "supercars".
It was probably a shock for many to see a Bentley win.
I don't know the price but as a follow up they have a new convertible for release.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Maybe go back to when the cars had to be actual production models - ie from the same people we buy from. We might have a few Lexus, some Corollas, a Peugeot or two, etc, but no 4WDs.

We'd see the cars we buy in action.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
They have a "celebrity" race or had one so an SUV class could be the way of the future like Mr Kormanns Grey comcars the Green Senator thought was a good idea.
Best joke I'd heard in a while - didn't know he had a sense of humour. Boy - did it get the PC crowd going ... :)

Reactions: stanleyg

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
well they were winning on sunday and selling...mustangs on Monday.
Of course that seems to have run its race (corny pun I know) with the numbers in used car yards and being offered for sale.
It was probably a shock for many to see a Bentley win.
I don't know the price but as a follow up they have a new convertible for release.
Yeah, I really rate the B12hr and the GT3 cars but it has been suggested that it's not affordable as costs would skyrocket, GT4 has been suggested and it may be a better option for Oz.

images.jpgimages.jpg

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Yeah, I really rate the B12hr and the GT3 cars but it has been suggested that it's not affordable as costs would skyrocket, GT4 has been suggested and it may be a better option for Oz.

View attachment 3409View attachment 3409
I think the expensive "supercars" would continue to come because there are not that many opportunities to show off what those "showroom" cars can really do or not do.
The track itself lends itself as an attraction.
GT3 might be popular in Europe but as they all look the same it appeals more to europe
still any event that brings in patrons and cash for Bathurst is a bonus expecialy if it can be shown on TV.
I used to like the Bathurst Easter races especially if I got a zoom around the track in a marshalls car between races.
Perhaps bring back some bike races as well.