Opinion BATHURST 2019

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Scotty, Scotty, Scotty...........oi, oi, oi !!!
Clearly you were going for Ford then, I wasn’t.

I switched it in at about lap 120 and watched the rest.

S J S J was like it’s been a clean race, then I switch on safety car after safety car.

Reactions: S J

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Clearly you were going for Ford then, I wasn’t.

I switched it in at about lap 120 and watched the rest.

S J S J was like it’s been a clean race, then I switch on safety car after safety car.
Yeah, they have been giving the holden teams the benefit of changing their cars all year to improve their performance after everything was signed off and approved prior to the opening round of the season and a lot of people aren't happy about it and believe they were given a leg up before Bathurst.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, they have been giving the holden teams the benefit of changing their cars all year to improve their performance after everything was signed off and approved prior to the opening round of the season and a lot of people aren't happy about it and believe they were given a leg up before Bathurst.
Sounds a bit unfair!

Wouldn’t all that come under insurance policies though?...

Surely they’d let Ford do the same?

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Sounds a bit unfair!

Wouldn’t all that come under insurance policies though?...

Surely they’d let Ford do the same?
No, these are purpose built race cars, virtually nothing from the road car would fit them except maybe the lights and door handles, maybe not even then.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
No, these are purpose built race cars, virtually nothing from the road car would fit them except maybe the lights and door handles, maybe not even then.
Well why can’t Ford also change their cars?

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Well why can’t Ford also change their cars?
Actually they are virtually all the same but the holden has a highly modified chev V8 engine and the Mustang a highly modified Ford engine, neither of those engines are manufactured today (they are old spec) with the current spec road-going commodore not even having a V8 option.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Actually they are virtually all the same but the holden has a highly modified chev V8 engine and the Mustang a highly modified Ford engine, neither of those engines are manufactured today (they are old spec) with the current spec road-going commodore not even having a V8 option.
All sounds very technical!

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
What a day that was!! Christmas day is great but it has nothing on Bathurst day haha. For those that don't know, I'm also a big Supercars fan and it's the other sport I follow closely apart from Rugby League. So Bathurst has always been 'our religious day of worship' as my Dad liked to call it haha.

But yea, today was awesome! Went out to a mates place to watch it in his man cave, he has an awesome set up with a massive TV, a smaller TV off to the side with live timing on it, a big BBQ and of course, a fridge full of cans!

What a race too man!! It was a bit of a tame first 100 laps but it just absolutely exploded after that, like honestly went crazy!! I absolutely loved it and I'd say in the end, it's up there with one of the best Bathurst's I've seen!

Southy southsport and Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 would know that I am a diehard Holden fan and despite the fact that Scotty drives a Ford, he is one of my favourites so I am absolutely stoked that he won! Honestly over the moon for him because no one deserves it more, he's an absolute freak.

What a day, what a race!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I think someone blocked someone else ... not sure. I took the dog for a walk ... :)
It was under a safety car period where no one is allowed to pass, Coulthard was in second place and went slow allowing McGlaughlin to get a big gap.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
It was under a safety car period where no one is allowed to pass, Coulthard was in second place and went slow allowing McGlaughlin to get a big gap.
Why’d he do that?

Coulthard must’ve been a Ford as well.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
After a Saturday hearing, governing body Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) announced they had fined McLaughlin's team $250,000 and deducted 300 championship points for an FIA International Sporting Code breach in The Great Race last weekend.
------------

How can that not be a change to positions too ? Typical Ford. :)