Discussions Baseball - General News and Views - MLB, ALB etc

S

S J

I love the MLB (American Baseball) and will probably post scores - Yankees cleaned up Sox today - but enjoy the local league. Only been going 3 years.

Canberra are the current champs. We went to the first of the 3 finals - they won in 2.

The MLB is really puting a few dollars up to support them here.

Talk is the MLB might bring a game to Sydney.

N

Northern_Union

Same thing is happening in NZ. The MLB is pumping money into baseball in NZ and softball is rightfully worried. Played a little softball at school and watch a little MLB on TV.

S

S J

We went to the USA and my wife is NOT a great cricket fan. She didn't seem to like the baseball.

Well - I got tix to a Giants game - San Fran vs Someone. We went - lovely sunny day - great seats - views of the ocean and you walked from the city. She loved it. The singing, chants, food, people etc. We then went to a Cubs game and she asked if we could go to more. I got us in to a game in Dallas.

Its more than a game - its a real experience - especially for a tourist.

If anyone is going to the USA and wants tix - I know a great site to get them.

S

S J

Singing at the bottom of the 7th and even the national anthem is so emotional.

N

Northern_Union

Its the national sport of the Yanks and they do it particularly well. I'd love to see a game live one day.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
foood.gif chicken lickers.jpg They started their own game of baseball after beating the poms at cricket who then would let them play. It was also made for financial reasons so they could sell hot dogs or weiners to the masses:cigar:

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Not a baseball fan myself but its Americas most popular sport.
I did like some of the entertainment such as when they had this blonde with a about 60DD's used to swing or sway out onto the pitch and give the pitcher a hug when the opposition hit a homer (not a simpson).
I will probably spend my summer with cricket ad and watching the Cheeseheads struggle in the NFL.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Not a baseball fan myself but its Americas most popular sport.
I did like some of the entertainment such as when they had this blonde with a about 60DD's used to swing or sway out onto the pitch and give the pitcher a hug when the opposition hit a homer (not a simpson).
I will probably spend my summer with cricket ad and watching the Cheeseheads struggle in the NFL.
I love going - we always go to games if we can manage it. It's the ultimate "American" event if you are ever in the USA. The noise, food, people. They don't seem to have the nasty drunk that you can find at NRL games.

And the food is awesome. Generally easy to get to - unless you are in Dallas. In San Fran we walked - NY is the subway - and Chicago is their great tram/train set-up. Seattle is a walk, as is San Diego. When we were in Oklahoma City we went to a Triple A game - still fun bit smaller crowd. Miami was quite a ways - we were at South Beach.

We have a few teams - me the Yankees, my son the Cards and wife - the Sox.

But - if you are ever there - GO - don't worry about knowing the rules etc.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
One thing about MLB I can say is that their version of handbags and push n shove is a lot more spectacular than the NRL version is these days. Even the dugout guys get involved. I don't think they could play an MLB game in Singapore though as they use to much chewing gum.:bag:.
I still get a laugh out bud and Lou's skit of Who's on first:hilarious:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Joe Giradi sacked after 10 years.

The Yankees don't take losing well. He has quite a win record - over 70% I think - over 10 years and one World Series win.

Just 1 game from the World Series in 2017 with a team in re-build is clearly not enough. Quite a surprise in my opinion.