H

Mod Squad
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
Brisbane
thenzwarriorsonline.com
If you guys want custom avatars either Morkel or myself can make them for you.Let us know what you want and we'll do our best to make them. I can't set them for you but I'm sure Northern_Union or WhiteLineFever would be able to.

Reactions: TerryG

Northern_Union

Forum fool
Jul 15, 2012
Timaru
www.theNZwarriorsonline.com
With Xenforo it appears i can't manipulate avatars for you guys. If you go to your user bar at the right hand corner of the site and hover your mouse over your name and then go to avatar you can upload your avatar you're selves.

morkel

Graphics Guru
Apr 4, 2013
Various South East Queensland
One thing I've noticed is that my avatar doesn't cycle. My guess is that because this site uses the avatar in a variety of sizes (eg, a big one when you look at your profile, smaller one next to where you've posted, then a tiny one next to threads that you've contributed to) the site automatically takes a snapshot of the image, resizes it automatically, and stores it for you. But does not retain any animation. On most other places you don't upload it, you store the image at an image hosting site, and provide a link, that way the original source with animation is preserved. Is that correct? And if so, I know it's a pain, but is there any way we can link our own avatars, even if we have to supply a link for each size?

H

Mod Squad
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
Brisbane
thenzwarriorsonline.com
With Xenforo it appears i can't manipulate avatars for you guys. If you go to your user bar at the right hand corner of the site and hover your mouse over your name and then go to avatar you can upload your avatar you're selves.
If someone asks for an avatar to be made I can make it and then place it in here. You can then right click on the avatar that has been made,save it to your own computer and then like Northern_Union as said you can upload it to here as your avatar. Like as previously mentioned I'm not sure if the revolving avatars will work here.

Northern_Union

Forum fool
Jul 15, 2012
Timaru
www.theNZwarriorsonline.com
I've found a bit of a fix for this. Xenforo software has been designed not to use animated .GIF's because they effect the performance of the board. I'll have to get Paul to apply the fix as i don't have FTP access to the data base.