Opinion Ashes - Specific and General

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The side has dropped VC Travis Head and it seems like a lame excuse they were scrambling for and slotted Marsh in.
If they were going to drop anyone it probably should have been WARNER....His test form went walkabout from the first ball of the series.
He now has been given two lifelines to find it this test .

Last edited:

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I got one selection correct Marsh but they got rid of the V Captain Avg 25 in this series..not Warner I think 5-6avg. It's madness as the problem is the opening partnership - NUTS! Well they don't care to much now because we have Ashes. I hope Warner get's 70-80 runs or a century but I'm very doubtful on a batsman pitch. Smith should get out - then see want happens. He deserve's a break...Have a good feed and relax brother.

Reactions: stanleyg

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
"on a batsman pitch" bazza said.

Honestly - ok overcast conditions BUT they got rid of Starc...so, they won the toss and elected to field... :hilarious: Who's controlling team? f'n idiots. Personally they did because of Warner and Harris. Morons. Goodnight...........:rolleyes:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
DAY ONE:

Mitchell Marsh went a long way to vindicating his shock recall with a crafty display of swing bowling that enabled Australia to collect on their gamble to send England in to bat, just as that decision was shaping to be a bust.

It took Australia over a session to shake off their hangover from their retention party at Old Trafford but, after gaining the ascendancy in the afternoon, Jos Buttler hauled England back into the game with an enterprising unbeaten half-century.

After being 1-103 shortly after lunch, England lost a steady stream of wickets before Buttler freed up his arms late in the day, crashing an unbeaten 64 which allowed them to reach 8-271 at stumps on the first day.

doyen

Feb 6, 2018
Australia won the toss and elected to bowl.

The Aussies have won 4 of the 5 tosses--certainly helps--a LOT---I think there is an argument for a ONE ONLY toss in a 5 Test Series.ie.the first one--that way the team that wins the 1st toss gets 3 of the 5 choices of whether to bat or bowl.
The 1st toss winner gets the choice to bat or field in the 1st,3rd & 5th tests---the other team gets the choice in Tests 2 & 4--makes it fairer,IMO !!
It's a bit "win the toss,win the test" as it is now !!