Off Topic As the festive season is now upon us REMEMBER DONT ABUSE WORKERS!

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
This is a big one guys that needs to be spoken about more, especially those of us that work in customer service and cop lots of verbal and physical abuse already all year round as it is, but it tends to go to another level from December 1 onwards @callmack1

No matter how stressed you are don’t take it out on staff, we are their to do our jobs not tolerate garbage and be treated like crap and punching bags.

Even raising your voice at staff and pulling faces is just plain rude.

The last 2 Christmas I have been physically touched in someway at work so I hope to avoid it this year S J S J.

Today the 2nd of December I noticed a real tension in the air which you always get at this time of year. I did get through my shift ok but not without being told off or verbally abused by about 7 customers and it has spoilt my day, 2-3 I can handle but more than that it can be hard to deal with.

When you get one in the first 3mins of your shift you try stay positive but things tend to down spiral from there.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
This is a big one guys that needs to be spoken about more, especially those of us that work in customer service and cop lots of verbal and physical abuse already all year round as it is, but it tends to go to another level from December 1 onwards @callmack1

No matter how stressed you are don’t take it out on staff, we are their to do our jobs not tolerate garbage and be treated like crap and punching bags.

Even raising your voice at staff and pulling faces is just plain rude.

The last 2 Christmas I have been physically touched in someway at work so I hope to avoid it this year S J S J.

Today the 2nd of December I noticed a real tension in the air which you always get at this time of year. I did get through my shift ok but not without being told off or verbally abused by about 7 customers and it has spoilt my day, 2-3 I can handle but more than that it can be hard to deal with.

When you get one in the first 3mins of your shift you try stay positive but things tend to down spiral from there.
About your award wage and many kitchen hands, waiters and sous chefs not getting there money..correctly. I get amused mate -some clients. some times - chasing the correct amount. ACA likes saying builders and landscapers they fuck up and the costumers are out of pocket, what about the clients who say "I'll send the remaining money for the job next week through the bank?" Sometimes it's a fight to get it!

Reactions: S J

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
About your award wage and many kitchen hands, waiters and sous chefs not getting there money..correctly. I get amused mate -some clients.
A lot of people are just arseholes honestly, people who don’t think their are many out there are oblivious to the world!

Reactions: stanleyg and S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I totally agree with this. I see it every day - abuse hurled at people who have nothing to do with the problem. Be they police, shop assistants, servo people, post office, bank officers. Its always the person on the front line - who have had nothing to do with the problem.

Just stand back - count to 10 - and chill.

I/we give locals a small present at this time of year. The post office people - the doctors staff, the woolies staff. Its amazing what this achieves. If I ever go in they act like I'm someone special. I don't do it for that reason but its amazing what a minor thing like this does.

So - next time you feel like venting - just chill out - and smile. I've seen people at 7am abusing staff in Woolies. Can you imagine what the rest of the day must be like - for both of them ?

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I totally agree with this. I see it every day - abuse hurled at people who have nothing to do with the problem. Be they police, shop assistants, servo people, post office, bank officers. Its always the person on the front line - who have had nothing to do with the problem.

Just stand back - count to 10 - and chill.

I/we give locals a small present at this time of year. The post office people - the doctors staff, the woolies staff. Its amazing what this achieves. If I ever go in they act like I'm someone special. I don't do it for that reason but its amazing what a minor thing like this does.

So - next time you feel like venting - just chill out - and smile. I've seen people at 7am abusing staff in Woolies. Can you imagine what the rest of the day must be like - for both of them ?
Couldn’t have put it better S J.

Reactions: S J

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
It's not the shop workers that annoy me but a lot of the other customers who keep getting in my way! Sometimes it seems like they do it on purpose! Lol.

P.S. This isn't just around Christmas time either!

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
It's not the shop workers that annoy me but a lot of the other customers who keep getting in my way! Sometimes it seems like they do it on purpose! Lol.

They do Rad happens in my store all year around but is worse at Christmas.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
for a time of year supposedly full of joy and good wishes there are a lot of people about with low tolerance of their fellow man.
Harried workers get the short shift from dissatisfied or impatient customers.
The emergency services have to deal with more drug and alcohol affected people than usual.
It is no wonder a police officer will give you a ticket......and wish you a merry xmas while doing it
Don't forget it will be double demerits and if you get a skinful of grog and S O L don't treat your spouse like goods and chattels.

Attachments

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller

I often wonder why I'm the only decent driver out there ... ;)