News ANZ Redevelopment - Stadium Shift

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Blake Solly's open letter about the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...etter-about-the-redevelopment-of-anz-stadium/

Big changes for the club are coming, this will be huge. Sad to leave ANZ but very excited to move to Bankwest!
I’m not excited to go to Bankwest, there is pretty much no parking around there and the train station is a fair way away from the Station, not only that apparently it’s a wind tunnel there and much cooler than ANZ.

Further for me to get too and the rest of the family as well!

After having looked at their ticket prices there as well in regards to just wanting to go to a regular season match there they are more expensive than ANZ so I hope our cost of memnebrship won’t change too much!

But I guess there isn’t much else to say apart from the fact it should be bloody magnificent when we do go back to ANZ hopefully for 2023.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
If the Grandfinal is coming back to the SCG its a good idea to revisit rugby league history seeing Beattie and Co are pushing Heritage
Its not too far to walk from Central and there are buses, as well as light rail in the offing.
It will also give much more atmosphere than ANZ.
Queenslanders will of course be miffed as they think Suncorp is the place.
Those were the days. All the teams had one identifiable playing strip, one referee and two linesmen. Footy scrums were real. Players knew the rules and 4 tackle game change was looming which started the rot

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
I’m not excited to go to Bankwest, there is pretty much no parking around there and the train station is a fair way away from the Station, not only that apparently it’s a wind tunnel there and much cooler than ANZ.

Further for me to get too and the rest of the family as well!

After having looked at their ticket prices there as well in regards to just wanting to go to a regular season match there they are more expensive than ANZ so I hope our cost of memnebrship won’t change too much!

But I guess there isn’t much else to say apart from the fact it should be bloody magnificent when we do go back to ANZ hopefully for 2023.
Hopefully the Rabbitohs will organise buses between the railway station and the stadium. Hopefully a lot of people ask the Club to do that. I am just glad we aren't having home games at the SCG.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Themacemaceman

Nov 7, 2018
I wonder how this will affect the cost of memberships?
My Parra mate at work who lent me his passes for our recent game we played there said they went up significantly for this year.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
@callmack1

Hi - can we move this to the General NRL Forum ? I'd missed it and I'm sure a few others might comment.

It is more general than Souths specific. Let me know.

Or - is it the souths move specifically you are about ?

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
OK - so its just about souths move. OK.

I thought a few might want to talk about it in general.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
OK - so its just about souths move. OK.

I thought a few might want to talk about it in general.
Not really.
There is no longer an election brewing so those who were vehemently against the rebuild of SFS and ANZ have moved on to other issues or are resting up for the next election.
Personally moving games from ANZ might make the crowds look bigger and noisier so more atmosphere in the games has to be good for the game and the tv broadcasts

Reactions: S J