Opinion AFL - News (Including Finals and GF)

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
WEST COAST premiership skipper Shannon Hurn has relinquished the captaincy after five seasons in the job.

The 32-year-old, who has been named the Virgin Australia AFL All-Australian vice-captain in both of the past two seasons, decided to hand the responsibility to the next wave of Eagles leaders after coming to the realisation he could no longer devote the time required to lead the team.

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
BRISBANE'S year just keeps getting better, with the club recording its first profit since 2007.

On a landmark day for the club, the Lions announced a profit of $648,618 for the year ending October 31, riding the wave of their first finals appearance in a decade.

Brisbane's remarkable on-field rise resulted in a 15 per cent increase in membership and 34 per cent increase in home attendances.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Apart from the obvious, I am also a Melbourne supporter and a fan of the Kangaroos in the VFL. Up the Deez for 2020! Hopefully they can turn things around. Couldn't be much more of a complete opposite to my Roosters this year. :(

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
MARCUS Bontempelli will lead the Western Bulldogs in 2020, with the club confirming that the superstar midfielder will inherit the captaincy from Easton Wood ahead of next season.
Wood, the club's 2016 premiership captain, told the playing group that he would stand down from the position on Monday, with Bontempelli announced as his successor.
Thank you for your efforts in keeping this and other WLF threads going ALX, appreciated.
It is - he does an awesome job. Q'Billie Boy ALX22

Runner up in the "WLF Member of the Year" this year.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Okay, fair enough, I must have missed it. I have only been on here for a short while. I will keep an eye out for next time. Thank you for the explanation.

Oops - missed this. I keep telling all the souths guys to look around the site. Not just in their Souths forum. Quite a bit of interesting stuff about.

AND - they can post things - not just on their footie team. :)

But - we'll do this again later this year (October/November ?).

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I am starting to really get into and enjoy the AFLW. I hope some of the matches will be televised on 7Mate this season. I will be going for Melbourne (my AFL club) and North Melbourne (my VFL club). Keep up the good communications ALX.

Reactions: S J

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Oops - missed this. I keep telling all the souths guys to look around the site. Not just in their Souths forum. Quite a bit of interesting stuff about.

AND - they can post things - not just on their footie team. :)

But - we'll do this again later this year (October/November ?).
Will there be some communications around this SJ?

I presume that something will be posted, including instructions, either via the public forum or private message?

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I am starting to really get into and enjoy the AFLW. I hope some of the matches will be televised on 7Mate this season. I will be going for Melbourne (my AFL club) and North Melbourne (my VFL club). Keep up the good communications ALX.
I must say I can't get into it. Scores like the soccer. It is so disjointed and a rabble at times.

I quite enjoy the girls cricket - but the AFL is a tad harder. Must say I don't really watch the girls RL tho.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
GEELONG has been fined $40,000 for a breach of AFL Player Rules.

AFL General Counsel Andrew Dillon announced on Thursday that the Cats had breached the Total Player Payment (TPP) lodgement rules through an 'inadvertent' administrative error.

"Inadvertent" ... :) It can happen I guess.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I must say I can't get into it. Scores like the soccer. It is so disjointed and a rabble at times.

I quite enjoy the girls cricket - but the AFL is a tad harder. Must say I don't really watch the girls RL tho.
Fair enough. I agree about the girls' cricket, but it is just something about the winter footy codes that I enjoy more. I am off the girls' RL a bit as well, but that is probably more due to the fact that the Roosters team is poor in that competition! We started off in a bit of a blaze of glory, but have not been the same since. Anyway, the NRL starts on Thursday, so happy days are nearly back!